Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Pankaj Tandon <pa...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/24 23:50:12 UTC

Getting a configuration parameter into the ReleaseDescriptor

Hello,
Can someone tell me why is it necessary to generate sources (using
generate-sources) ? My initial thought was that the generated file(s) were
based on annotations in other files. But in the case of ReleaseDescriptor, I
don't see that hapenning.
I have enhanced the maven-release-manager/maven-release-plugin to create a
version.txt file in the deployed artifact so that the application can
display that file indicating what version is in production. Now I'd like to
make this a bit more configuranble so that the user can specify what that
file should be called and where should it live.
In order to read that info from the pom.xml, I would add a parameter to the
AbstractReleaseMojo(I think). But from there I lose the thread...
The AbstractReleaseMojo has a method called createReleaseDescriptor() where
it places all the parameters in the descriptor.. However, how do I get the
appropriate getter/setter on the ReleaseDescriptor? In other words, where is
the annotation for that? Once it get's into the ReleaseDescriptor, I can
take it from there...

Thanks in advance,
Pankaj