Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Aigner, Thomas" <TA...@WescoDist.com> on 2005/10/17 17:35:31 UTC

Error with incremental load

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone has come across this or if I'm doing
something wrong here.  On initial load of my index, I can close the
writer and delete an entry and then update an entry, then open the
writer again and go on to the next entry etc.  Then while searching,
everything that was deleted is gone and updated has been changed (ex
insert record 1.. delete record 1 a few hundred inserts later).  The
problem occurs when I try to do an incremental change.  I try to delete
1 record, which seems to work, however, my searcher with sort then gets
errors (no terms in field stock - cannot determine sort type).  I'm not
sure why the delete would work on the initial load but not on a later
load.

BTW eventhough my search routine is messed up in code.. LUKE still sees
the records correctly.. I'm baffled..

Anyone have any ideas without me posting code?

Thanks ahead of time,
Tom