Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Lucio Piccoli <Lu...@one2one.co.uk> on 2000/10/16 12:48:05 UTC

DTMLiaison error

Hi all,
I am using Xalan 1.2DO2 with the supplied xerces.jar. However when i run the
supplied sample 'TransformToDom' i get the following error! I am getting the
same problem when i am suppling a XML document into a XSLTResultTarget.

Any ideas?

\java\xml\xslt\xalan\samples\TransformToDom>java -classpath
;.;..\..\xerces.jar;..\..\xa
lan.jar TransformToDom
XSL Error: Cannot use a DTMLiaison for an output DOM node... pass a
org.apache.xalan.xpath
.xdom.XercesLiaison instead!
XSL Error: SAX Exception
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException:
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(XSLTEngineImpl.java:1720)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(XSLTEngineImpl.java:1612)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.StylesheetRoot.process(StylesheetRoot.java,
Compiled Code
)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(XSLTEngineImpl.java,
Compiled Code
)
        at TransformToDom.main(TransformToDom.java:99)

adios

-lucio

LUCIO.PICCOLI@one2one.co.uk
Elstree Tower
Elstree Way
Borehamwood
tel : +44 208 214 3847
fax :+44 208 214 2325
HERTS WD6 1DT
 __________ http://www.one2one.co.uk _____________

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER:

Re: DTMLiaison error

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Lucio Piccoli wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am using Xalan 1.2DO2 with the supplied xerces.jar. However when i run the
> supplied sample 'TransformToDom' i get the following error! I am getting the
> same problem when i am suppling a XML document into a XSLTResultTarget.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> XSL Error: Cannot use a DTMLiaison for an output DOM node... pass a

Lucio --

Apparently, Xalan is not switching to the DOMLiaison.  I haven't had a
chance to test this to see where things are going wrong.

However, you can probably fix this by changing

    XSLTProcessor processor = XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor();

    XSLTProcessor processor = XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor(
      new org.apache.xalan.xpath.xdom.XercesLiaison());

HTH,
Gary