Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/18 12:57:05 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] The Spotless with google-java-format now in effect

Hi folks,

We have merged the PRs of IOTDB-1156, i.e., the Spotless with
google-java-format now in effect.

This change touched most of single java file in the repository(70K+). So
most of PRs will require a rebase, follow the steps below:

1. git checkout YOUR_PR
2. git cherry-pick b1261ecb5893ee0d357fec311b4d92ff9039a989
3. mvn spotless:check
4. mvn spotless:apply
5. git add .
6. git commit -m 'Apply Spotless'

# asf  git@github.com:apache/iotdb.git (fetch)
# Pull the latest master branch

7. git checkout -b asf_master asf/master
8. git checkout YOUR_PR
9. git rebase asf_master

# Resolve your conflict:
# NOTE: `Accept Yours` for your PR involves files, and `accept Theirs` for
other files.

10 git rebase --continue
# Double check
11. mvn spotless:check
# If you see "build success" successfully, it is proved that rebase has
been successful.
12. mvn clean package -DskipTests
# If you see "build success" successfully, you can push your changes to you
PR branch.

Then you can squash the commits if you want, Good luck!

Most of the changes were done by the commit(70fc76de8b5a032), which you can
exclude from git blame by configuring git as follows:

git config blame.ignoreRevsFile .git-blame-ignore-revs

You can setup the IDE to follow the new code style according [1]

Finally, a big thank you to Xiangdong and Dawei for review and merge PR,
and the people who involved in the early discussions.[2]

Best,
Jincheng 孙金城

[1]
https://iotdb.apache.org/Development/ContributeGuide.html#code-formatting
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rd07d66cc819bce546aced54d7f0b0ab4552a910a120f05fe900915dc%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E

Re: [ANNOUNCE] The Spotless with google-java-format now in effect

Posted by Xiangwei Wei <wx...@gmail.com>.
My fault! Thank you for correcting~

Steve Su <st...@qq.com> 于2021年2月26日周五 下午7:26写道:

--
Best,
Xiangwei Wei

Re: [ANNOUNCE] The Spotless with google-java-format now in effect

--
Best,
Xiangwei Wei

Re: [ANNOUNCE] The Spotless with google-java-format now in effect

Posted by Xiangwei Wei <wx...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Best,
Xiangwei Wei

Re: [ANNOUNCE] The Spotless with google-java-format now in effect

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xiangwei Wei <wx...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jincheng,