Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by hans jung <ju...@googlemail.com> on 2012/06/14 09:15:53 UTC

Add column to Summary Report?

Hi there,

I have a testplan with a few samplers and everything is working fine up to
here.
Now my Webservices (HTTP Get Samplers is what I'm using) return an XML.
This XML contains performance relevant information such as the time at
which the request arrived at the loadbalancer, the time at which it arrived
at the actual application server and so forth.

My question is this: Is it possible o add columns (like "time to
dispatcher", and "time from dispatcher to appserver" to the summary report?
I could parse the necessary data out of the responses using regular
expressions. Then the summary report would only have to average about the
values.

If this is not possible; Whats an aproproiate workarround? Is it possible
to write the parsed values directly to a file?

Re: Add column to Summary Report?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 14 June 2012 08:15, hans jung <ju...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a testplan with a few samplers and everything is working fine up to
> here.
> Now my Webservices (HTTP Get Samplers is what I'm using) return an XML.
> This XML contains performance relevant information such as the time at
> which the request arrived at the loadbalancer, the time at which it arrived
> at the actual application server and so forth.
>
> My question is this: Is it possible o add columns (like "time to
> dispatcher", and "time from dispatcher to appserver" to the summary report?
> I could parse the necessary data out of the responses using regular
> expressions. Then the summary report would only have to average about the
> values.
>

> If this is not possible; Whats an aproproiate workarround? Is it possible
> to write the parsed values directly to a file?

Yes, see:

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/listeners.html#sample_variables

Re: Add column to Summary Report?

Posted by apc <ap...@apc.kg>.
I use the Dummy Sampler for such cases as workaround. It produces samples
with desired value as response time. Then I attach Summary Report to this
sampler to analyse custom data.

-----
--
Andrey Pohilko