Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Joseph M." <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/26 14:32:05 UTC

how to enable logger WARN messages in protocol-http plugin

I am making some modifications in protocol-http. I have inserted
LOG.warn() messages but they do not appear in the output. I tried
converting this line:

log4j.logger.org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher=INFO,cmdstdout

log4j.logger.org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher=WARN,cmdstdout

But it did not work. I would be very grateful for any help.

Re: how to enable logger WARN messages in protocol-http plugin

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.
You would need to change the following properties in log4j.properties.

Either this for all logging:

log4j.rootLogger=WARN,DRFA
log4j.threshhold=WARN

This for all nutch logging:

log4j.logger.org.apache.nutch=WARN

This for all protocols

org.apache.nutch.protocol=WARN

Or this for just the http-protocol:

org.apache.nutch.protocol.http=WARN

I don't remember off the top of my head whether you need to change the
log threshhold as well or just the individual package.  I think it is
just the individual package but if that doesn't work also try changing
the log threshold.

Dennis Kubes

Posted by "Joseph M." <jo...@gmail.com>.
Do I have to do anything special to put them in the classpath. Isn't
the plugin source code folder already present in the classpath? I have
placed the new classes at
src/plugin/protocol-http/src/java/org/apache/nutch/protocol/http/

Posted by "joel.gump" <bi...@gmail.com>.