Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Cristiano <cv...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/07 15:38:06 UTC

Does felix.Configurator provides a global extender property as felix.scr ?

Hi all,

Felix SCR has a property named "ds.global.extender" that instructs SCR
to use the System Bundle's bundleContext instead its own bundleContext
in order to register its extender service.

It is useful to listening for bundles that are installed inside scoped
subsystems.

thanks,

Cristiano

Re: Does felix.Configurator provides a global extender property as felix.scr ?

Posted by Cristiano <cv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carsten.

Sorry to answer a bit late but I needed to check if my subsystems
knowledge was still updated ;)

Your solution to install the bundle in every scoped subsystem would be
good, if Subsystems impl allowed this.

But its not the case, the Subsystems doesn't allows to have more than
one bundle using same name/version inside the container, even if it is
being provided as a constituent of a scope subsystem.

In order to test I've created a composite subsystem and included as a
constituent the bundle:"org.apache.felix.bundlerepository". This bundle
is required in order aries subsystem to boot. When I tried to install
this subsystem, I got this exception:

> org.osgi.service.subsystem.SubsystemException:
> org.osgi.framework.BundleException: A bundle is already installed with
> the name "org.apache.felix.bundlerepository" and version "2.0.10"

But I think that this theme about how specs that provides Extenders (as
DS/SCR and Configurator specs) should implement in order to support
scoped subsystems should be in the compendium...

best regards,

Cristiano

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

--