Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/15 13:35:45 UTC

Ant tasks 2.0.7 with snapshot dependencies

Hi there,

I'm upgrading to the latest maven-ant-tasks 2.0.7 from 2.0.4 and am
having problems downloading snapshot dependencies.  My build.xml is
something like:

<maven:remoteRepository id="release-repo" url="http://xxx/">
	<snapshots enabled="false"/>
</maven:remoteRepository>

<maven:remoteRepository id="snapshot-repo" url="http://yyy/">
	<releases enabled="false"/>
</maven:remoteRepository>

<maven:dependencies filesetId="myFileset">
	<dependency groupId="myGroupId" artifactId="myArtifactId"
version="myVersion-SNAPSHOT"/>
	<remoteRepository refid="release-repo"/>
	<remoteRepository refid="snapshot-repo"/>
</maven:dependencies>

But it's failing downloading the snapshot artifact since it's trying
to download a URL ending with "-SNAPSHOT", and not the
"-yyyymmdd-hhmmss-n" version.  So it appears to be assuming a remote
repo with uniqueVersion=true when this is not the case.  I've had a
quick browse of the code and it appears uniqueVersion=false for
build.xml declared repos, so not sure what's happening here?

Is this a known issue?

Cheers,

Mark

Re: Ant tasks 2.0.7 with snapshot dependencies

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Hi Mark,

There have been some issues fixed with SNAPSHOT handling during last weeks:
can you check if you still have a problem with latest tasks snapshot?
You can find it in
http://maven.zones.apache.org/continuum/workingCopy.action?projectId=524&userDirectory=target

Then, if the problem is still present, we'll have to work on a testcase to
reproduce it.

Regards,

Hervé