Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/01/29 11:17:30 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "SoughtRules" by JustinMason

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JustinMason:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SoughtRules

The comment on the change is:
page describing the sought.cf ruleset

New page:
= The "sought" ruleset =

Our spamtrap network collects multiple hundreds of megabytes of spam per day.
Wouldn't it be great if there was a way to feed that directly into a
script to automatically extract rules?

This is now possible, and the results are the "sought.cf" ruleset -- an
automatically-generated ruleset which seeks good rules directly from the
SpamAssassin spamtraps, updated every 4 hours.

[http://taint.org/2007/08/15/004348a.html Here are instructions on how to use it].

== Gory Details ==

If you're curious, [http://taint.org/2007/03/05/134447a.html here is a technical explanation of the algorithm used], and [http://taint.org/2007/08/04/200125a.html here is an examination of their efficiency against our test corpora].