Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> on 2017/04/13 00:25:44 UTC

[VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC1

Hello Kafka users, developers, client-developers, friends, romans,
citizens, etc,

This is the second candidate for release of Apache Kafka 0.10.2.1.

This is a bug fix release and it includes fixes and improvements from 24 JIRAs
(including a few critical bugs).

Release notes for the 0.10.2.1 release:
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/kafka-0.10.2.1-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Monday, April 17, 5:30 pm PT

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

Your help in validating this bugfix release is super valuable, so
please take the time to test and vote!

Suggested tests:
 * Grab the source archive and make sure it compiles
 * Grab one of the binary distros and run the quickstarts against them
 * Extract and verify one of the site docs jars
 * Build a sample against jars in the staging repo
 * Validate GPG signatures on at least one file
 * Validate the javadocs look ok
 * The 0.10.2 documentation was updated for this bugfix release
(especially upgrade, streams and connect portions) - please make sure
it looks ok: http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/kafka-0.10.2.1-rc1/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

* Javadoc:
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/kafka-0.10.2.1-rc1/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 0.10.2 branch) is the 0.10.2.1 tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=e133f2ca57670e77f8114cc72dbc2f91a48e3a3b

* Documentation:
http://kafka.apache.org/0102/documentation.html

* Protocol:
http://kafka.apache.org/0102/protocol.html

/**************************************

Thanks,

Gwen Shapira

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC1

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Dear Kafka Users and Developers,

Over the weekend Becket reported a new bug that exists in 0.10.2:
Dong Lin was kind and quick enough to resolve it.

While this issue is not a regression, the bug does cause data loss and is
therefore a serious one. I'm inclined to roll another RC for 0.10.2.1 that
includes this patch.

If there are no objections, I will roll out another RC and re-initiate the
vote. Thank you everyone for your patience. Less bugs is good for all of us
:)

--
*Gwen Shapira*
Product Manager | Confluent

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC1

Posted by Eno Thereska <en...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Built sources, ran all unit and integration tests, checked new documentation, esp with an eye on the streams library.

Thanks Gwen
Eno

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC1

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
+1 (binding). Verified signatures, ran quickstart and tests.

Neha

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC1

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
+1 (binding). Verified signatures, ran quickstart and tests.

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 3:45 PM Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> wrote:

> Verified my own signatures, ran quickstart and created few Connectors.
>
> +1 (binding)
>

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 5:25 PM, Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> wrote:
> > Hello Kafka users, developers, client-developers, friends, romans,
> > citizens, etc,
> >
> > This is the second candidate for release of Apache Kafka 0.10.2.1.
> >
> > This is a bug fix release and it includes fixes and improvements from 24
> JIRAs
> > (including a few critical bugs).
> >
> > Release notes for the 0.10.2.1 release:
> > http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/kafka-0.10.2.1-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.html
> >
> > *** Please download, test and vote by Monday, April 17, 5:30 pm PT
> >
> > Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> > http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS
> >
> > Your help in validating this bugfix release is super valuable, so
> > please take the time to test and vote!
> >
> > Suggested tests:
> >  * Grab the source archive and make sure it compiles
> >  * Grab one of the binary distros and run the quickstarts against them
> >  * Extract and verify one of the site docs jars
> >  * Build a sample against jars in the staging repo
> >  * Validate GPG signatures on at least one file
> >  * Validate the javadocs look ok
> >  * The 0.10.2 documentation was updated for this bugfix release
> > (especially upgrade, streams and connect portions) - please make sure
> > it looks ok: http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html
> >
> > * Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
> > http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/kafka-0.10.2.1-rc1/
> >
> > * Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/
> >
> > * Javadoc:
> > http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/kafka-0.10.2.1-rc1/javadoc/
> >
> > * Tag to be voted upon (off 0.10.2 branch) is the 0.10.2.1 tag:
> >
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=e133f2ca57670e77f8114cc72dbc2f91a48e3a3b
> >
> > * Documentation:
> > http://kafka.apache.org/0102/documentation.html
> >
> > * Protocol:
> > http://kafka.apache.org/0102/protocol.html
> >
> > /**************************************
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Gwen Shapira
>

> --
> Gwen Shapira
> Product Manager | Confluent
> 650.450.2760 <(650)%20450-2760> | @gwenshap
> Follow us: Twitter | blog

Neha

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC1

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

--
Gwen Shapira
Product Manager | Confluent

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC1

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Verified artifacts and quick start

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC1

Posted by Mathieu Fenniak <ma...@replicon.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC1

Posted by Vahid S Hashemian <va...@us.ibm.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Built from the source and ran the quickstart successfully on Ubuntu, Mac,
Windows (64 bit).

Thank you Gwen for running the release.

--Vahid

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC1