Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Fatih Can Akay <fa...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/01 22:13:13 UTC

Turkish Translation

Hello,My name is Fatih Can AKAY and I'm from Turkey.
This is my first message.

I want to contribute to your project about Turkish translation of version
3.4.

I have no knowledge of C++ or coding but i have experiences in
English-Turkish translation (movie or TV-show subtitles,medical articles
etc.)

I heard that nobody is working on the Turkish Translation and there is no
Turkish mailing list at the moment. People who wants to translate it to
Turkish,we can create our mailing-list and make a start.

Regards

Re: Turkish Translation

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Fatih Can Akay <fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,My name is Fatih Can AKAY and I'm from Turkey.
> This is my first message.
>
> I want to contribute to your project about Turkish translation of version
> 3.4.

Hello Fatih,

We just created a new mailing list for the Apache OpenOffice project,
a mailing list dedicated to translation and other localization
volunteers.

I want to make sure that you are among the first to hear about this.

Information on subscribing to this new mailing list can be found here:

-Rob

Re: Turkish Translation

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 6/4/12 5:08 AM, bjcheny wrote:
> hi Fatih,
> Many thanks for your joining mailing list and affording your help!
> Please refer to Juergen's suggestions below.
>
> hi Juergen
> Sorry for stealing your mail here and deleting some info..
> Let me know if I misunderstand anything.

no problem, I am happy if somebody steps in to help with guiding the
first steps (reminds me to work on the docu)

> btw, is there any special mailing list for translation since guys
> interested in translation are so easily flushed by a lot of other mails..

no, not yet and for now I would prefer to keep it here on the list.

I propose to use the tag [L10N] (shorter than TRANSLATION and more
general) in the subject for all further mails on this topic.

Juergen

> Regards
>
> If you are able to work offline directly on the po files, I can send you
> the files via email. And when you have finished the work you can send
> the files back to me.
>
> Or you can make suggestion as unknown on pootle and inform me when you
> have finished the work. A committer have to review your changes and can
> accept them.
>
> I know it is not very convenient but the only possibility we have right now.
>
> But I am trying to work with volunteers to establish them as soon as
> possible in the project.
>
> When you are interested to get deeper involved in the project over time
> you might think about sending the iCLA back to Apache. More information
> about the iCLA and the reason why it is important for us here at Apache
> can find here http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas
>
> iCLA can be found here http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
>
> Please let me know which way you prefer and I will send you the po files
> asap.
>
> I am working also on preparing some basic information how new
> translators can start...
>
> Thanks again
>
> Juergen
>

> 2012/6/2 Fatih Can Akay <fa...@gmail.com>
>
>> Hello,My name is Fatih Can AKAY and I'm from Turkey.
>> This is my first message.
>>
>> I want to contribute to your project about Turkish translation of version
>> 3.4.
>>
>> I have no knowledge of C++ or coding but i have experiences in
>> English-Turkish translation (movie or TV-show subtitles,medical articles
>> etc.)
>>
>> I heard that nobody is working on the Turkish Translation and there is no
>> Turkish mailing list at the moment. People who wants to translate it to
>> Turkish,we can create our mailing-list and make a start.
>>
>> Regards

Re: Turkish Translation

first of all thanks for joining the mailing list and offering your help.