Posted to issues@maven.apache.org by John Lilley <jo...@redpointglobal.com.INVALID> on 2022/12/01 15:49:50 UTC

Maven build hanging -- how to collect diagnostics?

Greetings,

I have a maven build for a somewhat complex tree of projects, where I find that a multi-thread build will hang unless “clean” is done first.  A single-thread build is fine.  The hang seems to occur at one of the “Installing…” messages, but of course being multi-threaded it is unclear whether that is the proximal cause.  Oddly, when it hangs, maven continues to consume a full CPU core, which indicates some sort of live-lock situation.  This is on Windows 10.

At this point, I have two questions:

  *   Does someone recognize this as a known issue?
  *   If not, please help me collect diagnostics so that I could submit a useful bug report.  Can I enable verbose debug logging?  When it hangs, would a jstack dump be helpful?

Thanks
John

[rg] <https://www.redpointglobal.com/>

John Lilley

Data Management Chief Architect, Redpoint Global Inc.

888 Worcester Street, Suite 200 Wellesley, MA 02482

M: +1 7209385761<tel:+1%207209385761> | john.lilley@redpointglobal.com<ma...@redpointglobal.com>

PLEASE NOTE: This e-mail from Redpoint Global Inc. (“Redpoint”) is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If you believe you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete the e-mail from your computer and do not copy, print or disclose it to anyone else. If you properly received this e-mail as a customer, partner or vendor of Redpoint, you should maintain its contents in confidence subject to the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with Redpoint.

Re: Maven build hanging -- how to collect diagnostics?

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
Please use the Maven User list, this list (issues) is for automated JIRA
emails and is probably filtered/archived by many of us.

Also, please specify Maven version, Java version (that Maven uses).

Thanks