Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2006/08/08 18:37:06 UTC

[general] Classlib updated to 5.0 builds - new IBM VME required

I've just committed the HARMONY-1084 patch (thanks Oliver) at repository
revision r429714 that brings the class library code building up to 5.0.
 The jsr-14 target is now gone!

Reports are that this code works with the latest version of DRLVM
without further modification.

If you want to run/test with the IBM VME you have to move up to version
4 which is available here [1].

Regards,
Tim

[1] http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/harmony/index.html

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: [general] Classlib updated to 5.0 builds - new IBM VME required

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Richard Liang wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>> Does the site build things correctly now?
>>
>> I was trying to make something useful happen, and it doesn't work in
>> Eclipse 3.2
>>
> It seems that the URL should be
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/tools/trunk/eclipse/org.apache.harmony.eclipse.site/
>

> I just installed the new plug-in in my Eclipse 3.2.

That wasn't what I was asking.  I was asking if *building* the plugin
now works on Eclipse 3.2.  It didn't as of 2 days ago.

geir

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Does the site build things correctly now?
>
> I was trying to make something useful happen, and it doesn't work in
> Eclipse 3.2

It seems that the URL should be
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/tools/trunk/eclipse/org.apache.harmony.eclipse.site/

I just installed the new plug-in in my Eclipse 3.2.

Thanks a lot.

Richard.
> geir
>

> Oliver Deakin wrote:
>
>> As a follow up to my previous note in this thread, George has updated
>> the Eclipse plugin
>> and made it available at:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/incubator/harmony/enhanced/tools/trunk/eclipse/org.apache.harmony.eclipse.site
>>

>> If you were using the previous version of the plugin, you should be able
>> to update it using
>> the Eclipse update manager.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Oliver
>>

>> Tim Ellison wrote:
>>
>>> I've just committed the HARMONY-1084 patch (thanks Oliver) at repository
>>> revision r429714 that brings the class library code building up to 5.0.
>>>  The jsr-14 target is now gone!
>>>
>>> Reports are that this code works with the latest version of DRLVM
>>> without further modification.
>>>
>>> If you want to run/test with the IBM VME you have to move up to version
>>> 4 which is available here [1].
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tim
>>>
>>> [1] http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/harmony/index.html

Richard Liang
China Software Development Lab, IBM

Re: [general] Classlib updated to 5.0 builds - new IBM VME required

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.

Tim Ellison wrote:
> I've just committed the HARMONY-1084 patch (thanks Oliver) at repository
> revision r429714 that brings the class library code building up to 5.0.
>  The jsr-14 target is now gone!
>
> Reports are that this code works with the latest version of DRLVM
> without further modification.
>
> If you want to run/test with the IBM VME you have to move up to version
> 4 which is available here [1].
>
> Regards,
> Tim
>
> [1] http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/harmony/index.html

--
Oliver Deakin
IBM United Kingdom Limited

Re: [general] Classlib updated to 5.0 builds - new IBM VME required

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Vladimir Gorr wrote:
> There is one module (rmi2) that uses this property yet.
> So it's prematurely to applaud :-).

That's not in the mainline build, so I'm still cheering ;-)

Merging rmi + rmi2 + rmi2.1.4 remains on the books.

Regards,
Tim

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
Vladimir Gorr wrote:
> On 8/8/06, Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> There is one module (rmi2) that uses this property yet.
> So it's prematurely to applaud :-).

Is there a reason why rmi2 cannot be moved up to 5.0 as well?

Regards,
Oliver

> Thanks,
> Vladimir.
>

>> Reports are that this code works with the latest version of DRLVM
>> > without further modification.
>> >
>> > If you want to run/test with the IBM VME you have to move up to
>> version
>> > 4 which is available here [1].
>> >

>> If you had the previous VME version and want to continue using the new
>> one, you
>> will just have to:
>> - update your classlib checkout to get the H-1084 patch
>> - rebuild classlib with "ant rebuild"
>> - completely delete the old VME (in deploy/jdk/jre/bin/default)
>> - unpack the new VME under the deploy/jdk directory (it has a jre shape)
>>
>> From there you should be able to continue developing/testing as before.
>> If you hit any problems, please post here and we'll all try to figure it
>> out :)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Oliver
>>
>> > Regards,
>> > Tim
>> >
>> > [1] http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/harmony/index.html
>> >

>> --
>> Oliver Deakin
>> IBM United Kingdom Limited

Oliver Deakin
IBM United Kingdom Limited

Re: [general] Classlib updated to 5.0 builds - new IBM VME required

Posted by Vladimir Gorr <vv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
Tim Ellison wrote:
> I've just committed the HARMONY-1084 patch (thanks Oliver) at repository
> revision r429714 that brings the class library code building up to 5.0.
>  The jsr-14 target is now gone!

<cheers and applause at disappearance of jsr14>

> Reports are that this code works with the latest version of DRLVM
> without further modification.
>
> If you want to run/test with the IBM VME you have to move up to version
> 4 which is available here [1].

If you had the previous VME version and want to continue using the new
one, you
will just have to:
 - update your classlib checkout to get the H-1084 patch
 - rebuild classlib with "ant rebuild"
 - completely delete the old VME (in deploy/jdk/jre/bin/default)
 - unpack the new VME under the deploy/jdk directory (it has a jre shape)

 From there you should be able to continue developing/testing as before.