Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2016/09/26 11:02:52 UTC

clirr-maven-plugin fails - update to 2.8?

On 23 September 2016 at 19:49, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is no Clirr report but 'mvn clirr:check' runs OK.

In BeanUtils I used jacoco as clirr-maven-plugin:2.7 fails in JDK8:

[INFO] Generating "Clirr" report                --- clirr-maven-plugin:2.7:clirr
[INFO] Comparing to version: 1.9.2
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.4:site (default-site) on
project commons-beanutils: Execution default-site of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.4:site failed: Invalid
byte tag in constant pool: 18 -> [Help 1]

Since then clirr-maven-plugin 2.8 has just been released; which uses
Commons BCEL 6.0 and seems to work.

Shall we update commons.clirr.version in Commons Parent? It now
requires Java 1.7 which I think is OK for mvn site.

See also:

http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/clirr-maven-plugin/2.8/clirr-maven-plugin-2.8.pom
https://github.com/mojohaus/clirr-maven-plugin/releases/tag/clirr-maven-plugin-2.8

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: clirr-maven-plugin fails - update to 2.8?

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
While I will miss the nicer graphics in Clirr I am worried about it
being unmaintained as we are moving towards Java 8 and 9.

Gary found one small issue with japicmp - it requires a "mvn package"
to make a JAR to inspect, thus it fails with just "mvn site" if we
enable it with our src/main/resources/japicmp.profile

The JapiCmp developer added the skip option
https://github.com/siom79/japicmp/issues/148

so given japicmp 0.9.1 gets released then it should work fine even for
"mvn site".

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.