Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk> on 2019/11/18 13:19:07 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-531: Drop support for Scala 2.11 in Kafka 2.5

Hi all,

People seemed supportive in general, so I'd like to start a vote on KIP-531:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-531%3A+Drop+support+for+Scala+2.11+in+Kafka+2.5

Ismael

Re: [VOTE] KIP-531: Drop support for Scala 2.11 in Kafka 2.5

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

best,
Colin

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Thanks for the feedback and votes. I updated the KIP to incorporate the
feedback. Since the changes were minor, I assume the existing votes still
stand. If you have any additional feedback, please do share. The KIP passes
with 6 binding +1s, 4 non-binding +1s and no -1s:

Binding +1s:
* Bill Bejeck
* John Roesler
* Mickael Maison
* Ewen Cheslack-Postava
* Colin McCabe
* Ismael Juma

Non-binding +1s:
* Ivan Yurchenko
* Satish Duggana
* Sean Glover
* M. Manna

Ismael

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Hi Ewen,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree. I'll include the shim module for the
`core` jar in this KIP. I'll mention removing Scala versions altogether for
the `core` module as potential future work.

Ismael

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

Thanks,