Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Chad Grube <ch...@t-online.de> on 2004/07/13 14:17:30 UTC

Windows Explorer Problem

All,

I am having the following problem:

When I copy and paste into a WebFolder that is mapped to a Tomcat Slide
server, I can see from the Tomcat logs that the PUT request is being sent
twice. I would think that this was simply a Windows Explorer bug, but when I
perform the same copy and paste into a WebFolder that is mapped to an Apache
Dav server I only see one PUT request.

I don’t see why (or how) Windows Explorer could be sending different
requests based on the server side implementation.

Has anyone seen this before, or does anyone have any ideas as to why this
may be happening?

-Chad

Re: Windows Explorer Problem

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de>.
Chad Grube wrote:
> I can see both PUT requests in the Tomcat access log that records HTTP
> requests received by the server. I am assuming that these requests are
> logged prior to being serviced by the WebdavServlet.

Certainly funny. Which Windows version are you using?

> I have implemented my own Content store and I can see that my
> createContentRevision method is also invoked twice (and therefore my store
> does go on to create two copies of the file). I do NOT see this same
> behavior with DavExplorer as the client. I have yet to try an OOB slide
> server to see if I get the same behavior, I will do that now.

What is an OOB Slide server?

> -Chad
>
> Sorry about sending to the wrong list, this is my first time posting to the
> slide lists.

No problem at all, just wanted to tell you...

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de>.

Posted by Chad Grube <ch...@t-online.de>.
Sorry, Slide 2.0 w/ Tomcat 4.1.3.

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de>.