Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Rogue <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/12 22:03:30 UTC

Where can I find all the DB scripts?

Hi All,

As part of my project development, I am trying to locate all the
Jackrabbit DB scripts. Where can I find all the scripts, so that I
don't have to ask for additional permissions for the JCR schema?

Thanks,
Rogue

Re: Where can I find all the DB scripts?

Posted by Rogue <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 13-Feb-09, at 02:47 , Mattheis, Erik W. wrote:

> The DDL is in .properties and .ddl files in the jackrabbit-core jar
> (look in packages ending in .db), but you're better off letting
> Jackrabbit run as a privileged user because it dynamically creates
> tables based on your configuration. We use Oracle and generally we
> have a non-privileged user that the application connects as. This
> turned out to be a giant pain in the a$$ with Jackrabbit. There are
> several namespace hurdles to overcome and even if you get everything
> working, Jackrabbit can't create tables for new workspaces and the
> like. I gave up and connect as the schema owner now. If anyone has
> had a different experience, I'd love to hear it.

Yup .. I have a similar setup .. Have a Oracle DB and yes, it is
getting rather difficult to work with setup scripts. A

Posted by Rogue <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 13-Feb-09, at 02:47 , Mattheis, Erik W. wrote:

> The DDL is in .properties and .ddl files in the jackrabbit-core jar
> (look in packages ending in .db), but you're better off letting
> Jackrabbit run as a privileged user because it dynamically creates
> tables based on your configuration. We use Oracle and generally we
> have a non-privileged user that the application connects as. This
> turned out to be a giant pain in the a$$ with Jackrabbit. There are
> several namespace hurdles to overcome and even if you get everything
> working, Jackrabbit can't create tables for new workspaces and the
> like. I gave up and connect as the schema owner now. If anyone has
> had a different experience, I'd love to hear it.

Yup .. I have a similar setup .. Have a Oracle DB and yes, it is
getting rather difficult to work with setup scripts. I am trying to
build a multi-tenant setup for JCR and without the scripts, I would be
lost.

-Rogue