Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "tkasireddy@gmail.com" <tk...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/11 20:58:21 UTC

Pure Master/Slave config. Synchronization of messages?

Hi,

I successfully configured the master and slave. When I shut down the master,
I see error :
java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:375)
        at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.
java:269)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTranspo
rt.java:227)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.jav
a:219)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:
202)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
.

Also, the admin console doesn't show for the slave. I have no way to check
whether the synchronization of messages is happening or not.

The configuration xml for Master:

                " producerFlowControl="true" memoryLimit="1mb">

                " producerFlowControl="true" memoryLimit="1mb">

Configuration for Slave:

Please help me set it up correctly.

Thanks,
Thirumal.

Re: Pure Master/Slave config. Synchronization of messages?

Posted by "tkasireddy@gmail.com" <tk...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Prasad. It works.

Re: Pure Master/Slave config. Synchronization of messages?

Posted by nnprasad <NN...@dwd.IN.gov>.
I think your URI is having a timeout parameter of 10 sec...take it out, your
SENDing process will reconnect immediately

default value for that is -1, good one.

Re: Pure Master/Slave config. Synchronization of messages?

Posted by nnprasad <NN...@dwd.IN.gov>.
failover:(tcp://master-IP:63616,tcp://slave-1-IP:63616,
tcp://slave-2-IP:63616)?randomize=false

if randamize...after master failure, you can not tell which slave will
startover, if false, it will pick up in sequence, if you have only one
slave...no need of it.

Re: Pure Master/Slave config. Synchronization of messages?

Posted by "tkasireddy@gmail.com" <tk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Prasad for the reply.

I made progress after following your tip.

Now, I have one more issue;The client doesn't failover to the slave when
master goes down.

I am using ActiveMQ 5.5. The client URL is:
failover://(tcp://xpw-tkasireddy:61616,tcp://10.1.5.80:61616)?timeout=10000

Please help.
Thanks

Re: Pure Master/Slave config. Synchronization of messages?

Posted by nnprasad <NN...@dwd.IN.gov>.
What Version of ActiveMQ you are using ?

What is your Client Failover URI ?

Look in conf folder for credentials.properties file and give those details
in slave authentication xml file.

Otherwise go like this ONLY in your SLAVE configuration...

Try without using Persistent Adapter.

-Nag.