Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by 劉 恒鵬 <li...@hyron.com> on 2013/12/23 06:50:21 UTC

about the complicated object used in Axis2

Dear Axis2's developers:

We have a web service built by Axis and now we want to rebuild it in Axis2.
But we are not reluctantly to change the source code of the clients.
We have known some problems when we rewrote the interfaces which included the java.util.Map.

I want to ask 2 questions:
1. Is there any possibility that the Axis2 can support the java.util.Map?
2. If we want not to change the interfaces, shall we still use the Axis?

Your sincerely
Ryu_k

*  上海ハイロンソフトウェア株式会社
*  第二海外事業本部 第四海外開発部
*     劉 恒鵬
*            mailto:liuhengpeng@hyron.com
*  中国上海市宜山路700号第2ビル6F 〒200233
*  TEL:021-60823339-1622

RE: about the complicated object used in Axis2

Posted by 劉 恒鵬 <li...@hyron.com>.
Thank you for your help!

Maybe it will be better that we still use the Axis to construct our web service.

> We have a web service built by Axis and now we want to rebuild it in Axis2.
> But we are not reluctantly to change the source code of the clients.
> We have known some problems when we rewrote the interfaces which included the java.util.Map.
>
> I want to ask 2 questions:
> 1. Is there any possibility that the Axis2 can support the java.util.Map?
> 2. If we want not to change the interfaces, shall we still use the Axis?
>
> Your sincerely
> Ryu_k

The latest release AFAIK does not support java.util.Map, so you would typically convert your Map to an array of Objects.

However, a while back there was support added for Map to the 1.7 trunk
- which still IIRC has no release date yet. See this link for more
info:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-5064

To use the 1.7 nightly build code to test it out, I would start here after reading the axis2 install docs:

https://builds.apache.org/job/Axis2/org.apache.axis2$distribution/

- R

Re: about the complicated object used in Axis2

Posted by "robertlazarski ." <ro...@gmail.com>.