Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by frank <fr...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/28 02:04:59 UTC

multi tenant jobs

"hi all,
I wanted to get a feel of whether the multi tenant job functionality is
viewed to be complete/in progress /bugs? (if so, what else needs to be done;
I’m happy to take it on). In particular the functions that i would want to
revisit are:

a) any doco / references available how the tenant job processes/manager is
designed (i've looked at the code and have a general gist of it but would be
interested to know whether it is documented anywhere)?
b) the tenant jobs should be active/alive regardless of whether a tenant is
logged in (i.e. to post my invoices at certain intervals)? Is this currently
the case? If so can you point me to the code that takes care of this?
c) in all cases I essentially would like to have tenant specific jobs (not
all tenant jobs) to be configurable so I can keep certain tenant jobs alive
(regardless of a tenant being logged in) (i.e. see (b)); is this
functionality available and if not if you point me in the right direction
then I can get crackin on developing some code for this no worries

thanks all!

Frank”

Re: multi tenant jobs

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I'll take a shot at this.
Jobs are per DB and can be schedule per tenant.
I have not checked the job scheduler that runs the jobs to see if it
cycles though the tenantdatbase DB to activated each of these.
http://ofbiz.apache.org/docs/serviceconfig.html#ThreadPool

frank sent the following on 9/27/2010 5:04 PM: