Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rohit <ro...@in-rev.com> on 2011/09/08 10:06:06 UTC

Unable to generate trace

Hi,

I am running solr in tomcat on a linux machine, my solr hangs after about 40
hrs, I wanted to generate the dump and analyse the logs. But the command
kill -QUIT PID doesn't seem to be doing anything.

How can I generate a dump otherwise to see, why solr hangs?

Regards,

Rohit

Re: Unable to generate trace

Posted by Bernd Fehling <be...@uni-bielefeld.de>.
How about using jmap or jvisualvm?

Or even connecting with eclipse to the process for live analysis?

RE: Unable to generate trace

Posted by Rohit <ro...@in-rev.com>.

--

Best Regards.