Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by "Carr, Brian M" <br...@austin.utexas.edu> on 2008/07/23 19:35:53 UTC

Logging settings on Archiva 1.1

I'm trying to debug some configuration problems with Archiva 1.1, but I
can't seem to figure out how to adjust the logging levels.  I've modified
apps/archiva/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.xml so that the following groups apply...

  <logger name="org.apache.maven.archiva">
    <level value="debug"/>
    <appender-ref ref="rolling" />
  </logger>

  <logger name="org.codehaus.plexus.security">
    <level value="debug"/>
    <appender-ref ref="rolling" />
  </logger>

  <root>
    <priority value ="debug" />
  </root>

However, even though I'm getting login failures, I'm not getting any output
in the logs other than the normal bootup/shutdown noise.  I'm pretty sure
i'm modifying the right log4j.xml because changing the appender filenames to
write to arbitrary values seems to work.

Anyone have any clues?

--b

Brian M. Carr
Identity and Access Management