Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl> on 2015/09/15 11:59:19 UTC

Migrating Subversion issues to ...

                Hi All,

Here at the hackathon in Berlin we are discussing issue trackers, and more
particular how we should eventually move our issues to ASF infrastructure.
An old TODO.

Ivan just converted the data of the much smaller Serf issuetracker to Jira
for the Apache Serf project, and he offers to perform the migration for
Subversion too.

I think we really have 3 options:

[ ] Keep our issues on Tigris

[ ] Migrate our issues to a new Bugzilla instance hosted by ASF infra

[ ] Migrate to the standard ASF Jira installation

In Jira we can keep our existing issuenumbers, while for Bugzilla we would
need a separate instance.

Personally I would choose the third option if we aim to keep as much history
as possible (including ascii art and attachments) available after the
migration. The information in our issue database is just too valuable to
lose.. Even if it will take a few more years to get there.

                Bert

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Stefan Fuhrmann wrote on Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 12:35:15 +0200:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl> wrote:
> > I think we really have 3 options:
> >
> > [ ] Keep our issues on Tigris
> >
> > [ ] Migrate our issues to a new Bugzilla instance hosted by ASF infra
> >
> > [ ] Migrate to the standard ASF Jira installation
> >

> > In Jira we can keep our existing issuenumbers, while for Bugzilla we would
> > need a separate instance.
> >

> Keeping the issue numbers seems very important to me.
> So, +1 on option 3 and -0 on option 2.

To be clear, we could keep issue numbers with bugzilla too; we'd simply
need a separate bugzilla instance.  This is precedented: spamassassin
and openoffice both have (or had) separate bugzilla instances.

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Stefan Fuhrmann <st...@wandisco.com>.
On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl> wrote:

>                 Hi All,
>

> Here at the hackathon in Berlin we are discussing issue trackers, and more
> particular how we should eventually move our issues to ASF infrastructure.
> An old TODO.

As much as I'm hesitant about changing project setups,
I'm +1 on moving in this case.

> Ivan just converted the data of the much smaller Serf issuetracker to Jira
> for the Apache Serf project, and he offers to perform the migration for
> Subversion too.
>

> I think we really have 3 options:
>
> [ ] Keep our issues on Tigris
>
> [ ] Migrate our issues to a new Bugzilla instance hosted by ASF infra
>
> [ ] Migrate to the standard ASF Jira installation
>

> In Jira we can keep our existing issuenumbers, while for Bugzilla we would
> need a separate instance.

Keeping the issue numbers seems very important to me.
So, +1 on option 3 and -0 on option 2.

-- Stefan^2.

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Migration off of Tigris.org and onto ASF Jira seems the smartest option for
this project.  +1

Posted by Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com>.
On 9/15/2015 1:37 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 6:34 AM, Stefan Hett <stefan@egosoft.com
> <ma...@egosoft.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 9/15/2015 12:49 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
>>     On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 5:12 AM, Ivan Zhakov <ivan@visualsvn.com
>>     <ma...@visualsvn.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         On 15 September 2015 at 11:59, Bert Huijben <bert@qqmail.nl
>>         <ma...@qqmail.nl>> wrote:
>>
>>     >...
>>
>>         > I think we really have 3 options:
>>         >
>>         > [ ] Keep our issues on Tigris
>>         > [ ] Migrate our issues to a new Bugzilla instance hosted by
>>         ASF infra
>>         > [ ] Migrate to the standard ASF Jira installation
>>

>>     +1 to JIRA. (and -0 on tigris; -0.5 bugzilla)
>>
>>     >...
>>
>>         One option to resolve this would be create JIRA plugin with very
>>         simple "field renderer" that uses monospaced font. Field
>>         renderer is
>>         configured per project, so it's technically possible to use it on
>>         shared ASF JIRA installation. The only question is whether
>>         ASF infra
>>         allow us to install such simple plugin (or develop it for us?).
>>

>>     They already have lots of concerns around the JIRA installation.
>>     I seriously doubt they'd approve any such plugin, and certainly
>>     would not develop/test such a thing. I'll go ask ...
>>
>>     Do JIRA comments have any sort of formatting available (eg
>>     markdown), to do the formatting?
>     Short answer: yes it has
>     From JIRA's feature point of view, it has the same features
>     available as the description field or any other custom field you
>     add. That said, it can be set to use the text- or the wiki-markup
>     renderer.
>

> Yup. I just found the following page:
>
> https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-renderers-185729478.html
>
> I don't see "Steps to Reproduce" in there, but we won't be converting
> any Tigris issues into that field. We don't need monospace there. ...
> as long as we have monospace in Description and Comments, then we're
> good to go.
JIRA doesn't specify a "Steps to Reproduce" field out of the box.
However, nothing prevents you (as an admin) to add such a custom field.

Stefan Hett

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 06:51:52AM -0500, Greg Stein wrote:
> Gavin set up a test/example: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TST-210

That's good enough for me. Thanks!

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 02:22:41PM +0200, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
> The problem that {noformat} tag adds scrollbars. See the following
> comment as an example:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TST-210?focusedCommentId=14745334&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14745334

Can we ask INFRA to remove one line from the style sheet for us?

div.preformattedContent pre, div.codeContent pre {
    max-height: 30em;   <--- remove this line

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

--
Ivan Zhakov

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 6:34 AM, Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com> wrote:

> On 9/15/2015 12:49 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
>
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 5:12 AM, Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com> wrote:
>
>> On 15 September 2015 at 11:59, Bert Huijben < <be...@qqmail.nl>
>> bert@qqmail.nl> wrote:

>> > I think we really have 3 options:
>> >
>> > [ ] Keep our issues on Tigris
>> > [ ] Migrate our issues to a new Bugzilla instance hosted by ASF infra
>> > [ ] Migrate to the standard ASF Jira installation
>>

> +1 to JIRA. (and -0 on tigris; -0.5 bugzilla)

>> One option to resolve this would be create JIRA plugin with very
>> simple "field renderer" that uses monospaced font. Field renderer is
>> configured per project, so it's technically possible to use it on
>> shared ASF JIRA installation. The only question is whether ASF infra
>> allow us to install such simple plugin (or develop it for us?).
>>

> They already have lots of concerns around the JIRA installation. I
> seriously doubt they'd approve any such plugin, and certainly would not
> develop/test such a thing. I'll go ask ...
>
> Do JIRA comments have any sort of formatting available (eg markdown), to
> do the formatting?
>
> Short answer: yes it has
> From JIRA's feature point of view, it has the same features available as
> the description field or any other custom field you add. That said, it can
> be set to use the text- or the wiki-markup renderer.

Yup. I just found the following page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-renderers-185729478.html

I don't see "Steps to Reproduce" in there, but we won't be converting any
Tigris issues into that field. We don't need monospace there. ... as long
as we have monospace in Description and Comments, then we're good to go.

I'd further posit: we can lose some fidelity in the conversion. The above
seems like we'll get 99%

Cheers,
-g

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com>.
On 9/15/2015 12:49 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 5:12 AM, Ivan Zhakov <ivan@visualsvn.com
> <ma...@visualsvn.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 15 September 2015 at 11:59, Bert Huijben <bert@qqmail.nl
>     <ma...@qqmail.nl>> wrote:

>     > I think we really have 3 options:
>     >
>     > [ ] Keep our issues on Tigris
>     > [ ] Migrate our issues to a new Bugzilla instance hosted by ASF
>     infra
>     > [ ] Migrate to the standard ASF Jira installation
>

> +1 to JIRA. (and -0 on tigris; -0.5 bugzilla)

>     One option to resolve this would be create JIRA plugin with very
>     simple "field renderer" that uses monospaced font. Field renderer is
>     configured per project, so it's technically possible to use it on
>     shared ASF JIRA installation. The only question is whether ASF infra
>     allow us to install such simple plugin (or develop it for us?).
>

> They already have lots of concerns around the JIRA installation. I
> seriously doubt they'd approve any such plugin, and certainly would
> not develop/test such a thing. I'll go ask ...
>
> Do JIRA comments have any sort of formatting available (eg markdown),
> to do the formatting?
Short answer: yes it has
 From JIRA's feature point of view, it has the same features available

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 15.09.2015 14:25, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
> On 15 September 2015 at 13:33, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Infra did say they might allow a plugin, but they would want to review it
>> first. Apparently, plugins affect the *entire* instance, in their experience
>> (tho, they might not be Render plugins; short answer: they are hesitant, but
>> might allow it). ... And yes: no cycles there to write such a plugin.
>>
> It would be extremely simple (just wrap content in <pre> tag) and
> open-source plugin.

It's probably not that simple, since you'd have to HTML-escape the
content first; and the default Jira style for pre-formatted text is
probably not what you want to see. But, yah, not so horribly hard, I guess.

-- Brane

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 15 September 2015 at 13:33, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got some details back from ASF Infra:
>
> """
> gstein ok so if we enable wiki style formatting you can wrap anything in
> {{monospaced}} blocks. And use {code} blocks etc. This is already built in
> to Jira and just needs enabling for your project jira.
> see:
> https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=advanced
> and
> https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=texteffects
> for more info.
> """
>
> This sounds like the wiki formatting schabi is talking about. So I'd raise
> two questions:
>
> 1) maybe the wiki *can* somehow be applied to Description and Steps.
> how/true?
Wiki renderer can be enabled for all fields, including Description and comments.

> 2) maybe we call it "good enough", and go with proportional fonts for
> Description/Steps.

The real problem that wiki renderer adds vertical scroll bar for
{noformat} blocks longer than 10-20 lines.

Posted by Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com>.
On 9/15/2015 1:33 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
> I got some details back from ASF Infra:
>
> """
> gstein ok so if we enable wiki style formatting you can wrap anything
> in {{monospaced}} blocks. And use {code} blocks etc. This is already
> built in to Jira and just needs enabling for your project jira.
> see:
> https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=advanced and
> https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=texteffects for
> more info.
> """
>
> This sounds like the wiki formatting schabi is talking about. So I'd
> raise two questions:
>
> 1) maybe the wiki *can* somehow be applied to Description and Steps.
> how/true?
Steps pointed out in this thread (answer from Pushpraj Singh):
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/177024/how-to-get-rich-text-in-jira-comments

"Click cog icon >> Goto Issues >> Fields >> Field Configuration >>
choose your project >> Click edit renderers given with Comments and from
the drop down select "Wiki Style Renderer". This will enable rich text ,
you can attach thumbnails, URLs, bold, italic, colored text etc. etc."

Stefan Hett

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

AW: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Markus Schaber <m....@codesys.com>.
Hi,

________________________________

E-Mail: m.schaber@codesys.com<ma...@codesys.com> | Web: codesys.com<http://www.codesys.com> | CODESYS store: store.codesys.com<http://store.codesys.com>
CODESYS forum: forum.codesys.com<http://forum.codesys.com>

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915
________________________________
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received
this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
By the way, to be clear, this isn't supposed to block anybody from
proceeding with the jira test import.  I just wanted to make the case
for bz as well.

Daniel

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com> wrote:
>> On 16 September 2015 at 11:32, Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Unfortunately not at all, otherwise I would have offered to do so.
>>> While I do have some decent knowledge of Java due to my studies, I haven't
>>> been coding in Java for several years now and don't even have a development
>>> environment set-up for that.
>>>
>> I also don't have Java environment, while I developed several plugins
>> more then 10 years ago.
>> Link to the Atlassian tutorial if ever want to learn it:
>> https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/getting-started/set-up-the-atlassian-plugin-sdk-and-build-a-project
>>

> I think we're almost there: I don't think we need a custom renderer or
> plugin. Apparently, we can get what we want by enclosing everything
> coming from bugzilla within: {noformat:nopanel=true}
>
> That way, we still have the option of using the normal rendering for
> new issues (or even editing old issues to move "nicer parts" out of
> the noformat block), and only put inside a noformat block the things
> which really need to be monospaced.
>
> See here for an example:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TST-210?focusedCommentId=14747248&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14747248

And apparently long lines still give a horizontal scrollbar, so that
seems about perfect :-) :

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TST-210?focusedCommentId=14747255&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14747255

BTW, the nopanel option was mentioned here (though its documentation
is wrong / confusing):

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 16 September 2015 at 12:07, Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com> wrote:
>> On 16 September 2015 at 11:32, Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Unfortunately not at all, otherwise I would have offered to do so.
>>> While I do have some decent knowledge of Java due to my studies, I haven't
>>> been coding in Java for several years now and don't even have a development
>>> environment set-up for that.
>>>
>> I also don't have Java environment, while I developed several plugins
>> more then 10 years ago.
>> Link to the Atlassian tutorial if ever want to learn it:
>> https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/getting-started/set-up-the-atlassian-plugin-sdk-and-build-a-project
>>

> I think we're almost there: I don't think we need a custom renderer or
> plugin. Apparently, we can get what we want by enclosing everything
> coming from bugzilla within: {noformat:nopanel=true}
>
> That way, we still have the option of using the normal rendering for
> new issues (or even editing old issues to move "nicer parts" out of
> the noformat block), and only put inside a noformat block the things
> which really need to be monospaced.
>
> See here for an example:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TST-210?focusedCommentId=14747248&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14747248

That's great! I'll update my conversion script to use
"{noformat:nopanel=true}" instead of "{noformat}" and ask INFRA team
use it for test conversion.

--
Ivan Zhakov

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
Overall the migration looks pretty good I would agree.  I was impressed to
see things like dependencies come through pretty cleanly.

The one problem I have that I assume is related to this formatting is that
it seems like line wrapping does not happen as it normally would.  So
descriptions etc seem like a series of fixed-width monospaced lines.  A lot
of the Jira UI seems to expect it to be a block of text that it would line
wrap as needed. Or at least I assume that is what it would look like.

So many of the normal screens you cannot really read a lot of the text
without going into full screen.

That said, I cannot remember the last time I even went into IssueZilla.  So
I cannot say this will impact me at all.  Whatever you guys decide is OK
with me.

Mark

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 16 September 2015 at 15:10, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, the noformat in the test import looks just fine. It works, may as well
> leave that. ... But end the work there. I'm with Mark: having the issues in
> JIRA is *way* more important than further refinements and the time involved.

I completely agree that {noformat:nopanel=true} is the best option: we
still preserve older issues while have an option to use wiki-style
markup for new issues. And we don't need custom plugins and etc.

--
Ivan Zhakov

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
Tigris runs Issuezilla which was a fork of Bugzilla.

Scarab is another tracker CollabNet started and is or was a project on
tigris.  It is also included in the product but not turned on for tigris
projects. It is called "Project Tracker" in the CEE product line.

Mark

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
That is just not true, Bert.

Subversion uses "IssueZilla" which is a CollabNet derivation of Bugzilla.

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 16 September 2015 at 02:43, Stefan <lu...@posteo.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> As to "format all descriptions as <pre>" in jira: honestly, it feels
>> like a round peg in a square hole.  Jira is designed around ajax and and
>> html; I'd be concerned that future releases of jira might break the
>> renderer plugin Ivan is planning to write — and if that happens, infra
>> might simply disable the plugin until we fix it, since we'd be the only
>> project affected.
>>
>> [...]
>
> I needed to be convinced by brane and jamessan on IRC that it's better to
> send this reply to the list directly rather than by IRC. ;-)
>
> Don't take this reply the wrong way please. I'm not trying to talk the one
> person who speaks up in favor for bugzilla into anything.
> Just wanted to point out that you (i.e. the subversion developers) are
> certainly not the first ones to bring-up the limitations of monospace
> support in JIRA. See: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-37076 (issue
> regarding the added scrollbars when using monospace).
> Since the issue is on record for Atlassian, there's actually some chance
> that it gets resolved at some point (the more votes it gets, the more likely
> it will be taken care of at one point).
>
> On the other side I don't want to hide anything, so there are also the known
> issues with monospace in JIRA atm:
> https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-39011?jql=project%20%3D%20JRA%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20text%20~%20%22monospace%22

We have to use {normat} tag instead of {monospaced} since we need to
preserve spaces to keep ascii graphics, etc.

Posted by Stefan <lu...@posteo.de>.
Hi,
> [...]
>
> As to "format all descriptions as <pre>" in jira: honestly, it feels
> like a round peg in a square hole.  Jira is designed around ajax and and
> html; I'd be concerned that future releases of jira might break the
> renderer plugin Ivan is planning to write — and if that happens, infra
> might simply disable the plugin until we fix it, since we'd be the only
> project affected.
>
> [...]
I needed to be convinced by brane and jamessan on IRC that it's better
to send this reply to the list directly rather than by IRC. ;-)

Don't take this reply the wrong way please. I'm not trying to talk the
one person who speaks up in favor for bugzilla into anything.
Just wanted to point out that you (i.e. the subversion developers) are
certainly not the first ones to bring-up the limitations of monospace
support in JIRA. See: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-37076 (issue
regarding the added scrollbars when using monospace).
Since the issue is on record for Atlassian, there's actually some chance
that it gets resolved at some point (the more votes it gets, the more
likely it will be taken care of at one point).

On the other side I don't want to hide anything, so there are also the
known issues with monospace in JIRA atm:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-39011?jql=project%20%3D%20JRA%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20text%20~%20%22monospace%22

I couldn't spot anything which IMO would speak against using JIRA here
on that list, but since this is quite a subjective matter, I guess
everybody has to determine himself whether any of the listed issues is a
concern to himself.

[...]

Regards,
Stefan

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 16 September 2015 at 02:19, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 15.09.2015 23:31, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
>> Julian Foad wrote on Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 14:23:53 +0200:
>>> First, I'd like to say I'd be happy with either of these options, and
>>> I think making a conversion to one of these at the ASF is much better
>>> than not doing anything.
>> Agreed.

>>> I'd like to know, if anybody can answer this briefly, what would we
>>> lose, and what would we gain, with each option? I can think of a few
>>> differences (and commonalities):
>>>
>> Thanks for writing this clear summary of the situation.
>>
>> I'd vote for bugzilla: it is simpler than jira (both feature-wise and
>> UI-wise) but more than equal to our needs.
>
> Perhaps. I have a deep-seated hate for Bugzilla from days past when I
> had to maintain instances of that. I always ended up having to mess with
> the code to get reasonable workflows and such ... and "mess" is a good
> description of what I found there.
>
> That doesn't have much bearing on what it's like to use today, of
> course. Just a gut feeling.
>
>> As to "format all descriptions as <pre>" in jira: honestly, it feels
>> like a round peg in a square hole.  Jira is designed around ajax and and
>> html; I'd be concerned that future releases of jira might break the
>> renderer plugin Ivan is planning to write — and if that happens, infra
>> might simply disable the plugin until we fix it, since we'd be the only
>> project affected.
>
> An open-source plug-in of that sort probably stands a pretty good chance
> of being maintained by interested parties. Especially if it's relatively
> simple.
>
>> I think both candidates have the features we use (issue number, title,
>> comments, milestone).  The primary consideration is which one will be
>> the most frictionless going forward (both for new issues and for
>> accessing old issues).
>
> At the end of the day, I'd trust whoever puts in the cycles to make the
> transition happen to select the tool they prefer. If Ivan is happy with
> Jira and already has some tooling around that, I see no reason to
> second-guess his choice.

I think that formatting of issue description and comments is kind of
blocker for JIRA migration and should be solved somehow: using
{noformat} tag and fixing scrollbars issue or using custom plugin

> I'm not happy with the closed-source nature of Jira; but then: there are
> not so many open-source alternatives available at short notice.

+1.

--
Ivan Zhakov

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Julian Foad wrote on Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 14:23:53 +0200:
> First, I'd like to say I'd be happy with either of these options, and
> I think making a conversion to one of these at the ASF is much better
> than not doing anything.

Agreed.

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
First, I'd like to say I'd be happy with either of these options, and
I think making a conversion to one of these at the ASF is much better
than not doing anything.

Ivan mentioned that doing it now, while he's willing and able to do
so, may be a good idea because at some point Tigris may just go away
with not enough notice for anybody to step up and do the migration at
that time.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 15 September 2015 at 11:59, Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl> wrote:
>                 Hi All,

Thanks for moving this discussion to the list!

> Here at the hackathon in Berlin we are discussing issue trackers, and more
> particular how we should eventually move our issues to ASF infrastructure.
> An old TODO.
>
> Ivan just converted the data of the much smaller Serf issuetracker to Jira
> for the Apache Serf project, and he offers to perform the migration for
> Subversion too.
>
> I think we really have 3 options:
>
> [ ] Keep our issues on Tigris
> [ ] Migrate our issues to a new Bugzilla instance hosted by ASF infra
> [ ] Migrate to the standard ASF Jira installation

Migration to ASF Jira instalation seems to be best option for me: JIRA
is very flexible and have nicer interface.

I've performed test migrations of Subversion issues to JIRA in the
past and the only problem is that currently issues on tigris.org uses
monospaced formatting for description and comments. JIRA by default
uses proportional fonts and ascii graphics looks bad with such fonts.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 16 September 2015 at 23:12, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could I offer an opinion: the time stamps DO NOT MATTER.
>
> If a comment was posted at 15:00 or at 21:00 ... I don't care. If it was a
> Monday or a Tuesday ... I don't care. I believe I'd rather stick a fork in
> my eye, than ask somebody to spend even 5 minutes on timestamps.

Seriously? I think that timestamps is very important part of
information in issue tracker and we should preserve them exact,
regardless how them were exported or stored on tigris.org. I could
imagine that someday we introduce the policy to only fix issues filed
in the afternoon, but close as Invalid issues that are filed at night.

PS: I'm kidding of course :)

--
Ivan Zhakov

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 11:12 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could I offer an opinion: the time stamps DO NOT MATTER.
>
> If a comment was posted at 15:00 or at 21:00 ... I don't care. If it was a
> Monday or a Tuesday ... I don't care. I believe I'd rather stick a fork in
> my eye, than ask somebody to spend even 5 minutes on timestamps.

LOL. "Fork in my eye", that gave me a nice Pirates of the Caribbean image :-).

--
Johan

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.

Ivan has fixed it now. He just showed me his latest conversion, of issue #3529.

Tigris display (HTML):
Additional comments from Hyrum K. Wright Tue Aug 17 16:38:22 -0700 2010
Additional comments from Hyrum K. Wright Wed Feb 2 14:23:36 -0700 2011

Tigris XML:
<who>hwright</who><issue_when>2010-08-17 16:38:22</issue_when>
<who>hwright</who><issue_when>2011-02-02 13:23:36</issue_when>

Note that these times are given in XML with different hour offsets,
but the offsets are not explicitly stated -- more details are in my
previous email.

JIRA display (HTML):
Hyrum Wright added a comment - 18/Aug/10 00:38
Hyrum Wright added a comment - 02/Feb/11 21:23

JIRA XML:
<comment id="14800990" author="hwright" created="Wed, 18 Aug 2010
00:38:22 +0100"  >
<comment id="14800991" author="hwright" created="Wed, 2 Feb 2011
21:23:36 +0000"  >

Note the different, explicit offsets: thus, these times differ by 2
hours (plus an integer number of days).

- Julian

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 18.09.2015 05:25, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 9:20 PM, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>> mantra and this sudden urgency to migrate the issue tracker yesterday. If
>> we waited for 5 years we may as well wait the couple extra days to get the
>> details right.
>>
> Or, in a couple days, Ivan departs the hackathon, gets caught up in a day
> of travel, hits the weekend, returns to work on Monday, gets involved in
> $dayjob, and ...
>
> 5 years later, we have never migrated our issues.

Yes, that could happen.

-- Brane

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 17 Sep 2015 8:56 pm, "Greg Stein" <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 7:18 AM, Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 3:31 AM, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> And I wonder why the people who're doing the least work on this
>>> migration have the most to say about not wasting time with
"trivialities".

>> Speaking for myself only, it is because I am not "in the room" with the
rest of you so cannot tell if the migration is going to happen no matter
what, or if it is going to get delayed again due to these trivialities.  As
long as you all have the energy to see this through, I certainly do not
want to suggest you should not fix all of the trivialities that you
desire.  I just do not want the moment to pass again and have people go
back home and move on to other things.

>> So my goal is just to say an imperfect migration is better than the
status quo.

> Exactly.
>
> And Branko: what does it matter what we say? People can still put their
time into anything they want.

Of course it matters. I'm just trying to gently hint at the discrepancy
between our "release when it's ready" mantra and this sudden urgency to

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.

Posted by Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com>.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com> wrote:
> Just to keep everyone updated: ASF Infra team performed first test
> migration for us:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN
>
> Please report me any problems or suggestions. Current TODO list:
> - Migrate attachments
> - Preserve history of changes

Very cool - +1 for JIRA.  Thanks for the efforts here!

Cheers.  -- justin

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 04:25:45PM +0200, Branko Čibej wrote:
> I've begun sending the mails, from my ASF account. I decided to send
> separate mails to each address, to avoid triggering spam filters as much as
> possible. I'm allowing lots of time between the mails so that I don't get
> accidentally blacklisted by the mail relay.
>
> I think we should wait for responses until the middle of next week.

What's wrong with just letting people sign up again as needed?

I doubt most people with an account in our trigris tracker still care.

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 10:53:07AM -0400, Mark Phippard wrote:
> > I have unlocked the tigris project.  Someone can ping me when it should
> be
> > locked again.
>
> BTW, every time the project is locked / unlocked I get multiple emails
> from tigris. We should not be doing this very often, I would suggest,
> to avoid spamming all the people who signed up over the years.

You are getting them from discussion lists you are subscribed to.  I just
get 1, for the security list, but I would guess you could be subscribed to
issues@ as well.  Are there any others?  I doubt our users are subscribed
to these.

Anyway, I am not planning to do it multiple times.  It sounded like we are
not doing the migration for a while so I assumed we wanted people to update
our issue tracker in the interim.  I will leave it unlocked until someone
sends a definitive statement on when the migration is happening.  At this
point, I will back out of that part of the discussion.

As long as Ivan feels he can do it in a week or so, I do not have a problem
waiting.  I just want it to get done so we can be off tigris.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 10:53:07AM -0400, Mark Phippard wrote:
> I have unlocked the tigris project.  Someone can ping me when it should be
> locked again.

BTW, every time the project is locked / unlocked I get multiple emails
from tigris. We should not be doing this very often, I would suggest,
to avoid spamming all the people who signed up over the years.

RE: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by be...@qqmail.nl.
How many final migrations are we going to have until Ivan gives up and we’ll have to wait another 5 years for somebody to step up and do a migration?

If users have ten comments it’s easier for them to just create an account and start watching the same issue again, than for us to wait another week and do more handwork.

The users with > 100 comments should already be handled now.

Bert

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 18 September 2015 at 17:00, Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 04:56:04PM +0200, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
>> May be we can put issue tracker on tigris read-only: in this case I
>> could prepare everything today to avoid potential surprises and the
>> time of final migration. Any opinions?
>
> I would prefer we migrate today and don't wait for replies from people
> who may not even be interested.
>
> Any user who's not mapped right now can sign up on jira, and
> their old comments won't be linked to their account... *shrug*
>
> We can still see who made a comment, and that's all that really matters.

Personally I prefer to finish migration on Hackathon just to get thing
done and forget about this task. I think it doesn't matter. Waiting for
one week is not a problem -- we've been waiting for 5 years and one
week doesn't matter.

Branko has already sent emails to all tigris users and I started receiving
replies from users. The deadline is 28 Sep. I'm going to perform final
migration on 28 Sep.

--
Ivan Zhakov

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.

Posted by Stefan <lu...@posteo.de>.
On 05/10/2015 21:47, Julian Foad wrote:
> On 2 October 2015, Stefan wrote:
>> On 28/09/2015 16:48, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
>>> On 28 September 2015 at 13:59, Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com> wrote:
>>> Anyone volunteering to update 'Reporting Issues' page [1]? The
>>> 'issue-tracker.html' page [2] on tigris.org could be used as template.
>>>
>>> [1] http://subversion.apache.org/reporting-issues.html
>>> [2] http://subversion.tigris.org/issue-tracker.html
>> Attached is a half-finished patch for reporting-issues.html:
>> - note removed
>> - all links updated
>> - replaced custom query link with JIRA Subversion project page
>>
>> What's still missing:
>> - updating the two forms (key- and keyword search)
>>
>> Unfortunately I was running out of time. If anybody wants to take it from
>> here, I'd be glad.
> This was partly addressed by my commit r1706376 and nearly everything
> else you suggest is committed in r1706908.
>
> The one part I did differently was the link to query at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project = SVN"
>
> because I feel that gives a better starting point for searching
> SVN-specific issues than does
>
> "https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:issues-panel"
>
> The latter link shows a Subversion-specific overview page but the
> 'Search' box there searches within all projects by default which isn't
> quite what I want. (Maybe we can improve that in future.)
>
> - Julian
Makes complete sense to me and I agree that the starting point is better
than the one in my patch. :-)

Regards,
Stefan

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 2 October 2015 at 01:20, Stefan <lu...@posteo.de> wrote:
> On 28/09/2015 16:48, Ivan Zhakov wrote:

>>> I'm already working on it.
>>>
>> I've added release date for all released versions and mark them as
>> 'released' in JIRA. Versions like '1.9.x', '1.9.0-conisder', 'all',
>> 'blue-sky' are still marked as unreleased, but I'm going to post about
>> them separately.
>
> Just spotted that 1.9.2 is not yet set as released:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel

Fixed. But it seems 1.9.2 was added after migration because there is
no issues with Fix versions = 1.9.2

--
Ivan Zhakov

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan <lu...@posteo.de>.

Posted by Stefan <lu...@posteo.de>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 28 September 2015 at 13:55, Julian Foad <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Luke1410 is offering (on IRC [1]) to add release dates to all the
> version labels. That would greatly improve the Jira Summary page [2]
> where one of the first things it attempts to show is a list of
> "Versions: Unreleased" which currently looks very silly.

I'm already working on it.

> Bert pointed out that release dates in CHANGES file aren't all
> accurate. Email archives should contain more accurate source data. But
> that's a separate problem that we can still resolve later. Luke1410
> confirmed that dates entered against the Jira labels can still be
> edited later.

I think using dates from CHANGES is ok.

--
Ivan Zhakov

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@gmail.com>.
Luke1410 is offering (on IRC [1]) to add release dates to all the
version labels. That would greatly improve the Jira Summary page [2]
where one of the first things it attempts to show is a list of
"Versions: Unreleased" which currently looks very silly.

Bert pointed out that release dates in CHANGES file aren't all
accurate. Email archives should contain more accurate source data. But
that's a separate problem that we can still resolve later. Luke1410
confirmed that dates entered against the Jira labels can still be
edited later.

Seems like a good thing to do. I say "yes please!" I suggested he
should go ahead and do it.

- Julian

[1] http://colabti.org/irclogger/irclogger_log/svn-dev?date=2015-09-28#l37

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 28.09.2015 12:24, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
> On 28 September 2015 at 13:22, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Should be fixed now: for some reason all PMC members was part of
>>> "Developers" role instead of "PMC".
>> Yup, works for me. But I'm surprised that a "Developer" can't modify
>> (e.g., resolve) issues assigned to her ...
>>
> "Developers" seems to be default JIRA role. ASF JIRA uses ASF specific roles:
> - Administrators
> - ASF Members
> - Committers
> - Contributors
> - PMC
>
> Btw I've added all PMC members to "PMC" group without checking for ASF
> membership.

I see. Well, I'll leave it to you to tweak whatever still need tweaking.
It's looking very good already.

-- Brane

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > I'm going to start migration process tomorrow morning. Could you
> > please lock tigris.org project? I think it will ok if our issue
> > tracker will read-only for day or something.
> >

> Issues are finally migrated to ASF JIRA:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN

Great! Thanks so much!

Bye,

Erik.

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com>.
On 9/28/2015 11:41 AM, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
> On 27 September 2015 at 23:24, Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com> wrote:

>>> I have unlocked the tigris project.  Someone can ping me when it should be locked again.
>>>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> I'm going to start migration process tomorrow morning. Could you
>> please lock tigris.org project? I think it will ok if our issue
>> tracker will read-only for day or something.
>>

> Issues are finally migrated to ASF JIRA:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN

Great work Ivan. :-)

Stefan Hett

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ok, it is now locked.

Thanks for doing the migration.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 10:56 AM, Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com> wrote:

> On 18 September 2015 at 16:53, Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Sounds fine for me.
> >>
> >> FWIW: It's very likely that I will be very busy on next week due my
> >> dayjob. May be I find some time for final migration or may be not. But
> >> I definitely will be able to perform final migration on week after 27
> >> sep (I assume that we do not discover any showstopper issues requiring
> >> migration script changes).
> >

> > I have unlocked the tigris project.  Someone can ping me when it should
> be
> > locked again.
> >
> May be we can put issue tracker on tigris read-only: in this case I
> could prepare everything today to avoid potential surprises and the
> time of final migration. Any opinions?

The only way to make issue tracker read-only is to lock the project.  Given
that issue tracker is the only tool, not really a big deal.  I just assumed
we did not want the issue tracker read-only if it is going to be another
week until we migrate it.

Just tell me when we want the project locked, today .. next week.  I can do
whatever we want.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 18.09.2015 16:25, Branko Čibej wrote:
> On 18 Sep 2015 4:16 pm, "Ivan Zhakov" <iv...@visualsvn.com> wrote:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> Please migrate ASAP.
>> Currently I'm waiting for tigris -> asf user mapping mails to @tigris
> addresses.
>
> I've begun sending the mails, from my ASF account. I decided to send
> separate mails to each address, to avoid triggering spam filters as much as
> possible. I'm allowing lots of time between the mails so that I don't get
> accidentally blacklisted by the mail relay.
>
> I think we should wait for responses until the middle of next week.

All the 1123 mails have been sent now. 205 of them bounced (the bounces
seem to be equally distributed regardless of the number of comments made
by the author).

-- Brane

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 04:16:22PM +0200, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
> Currently I'm waiting for tigris -> asf user mapping mails to @tigris addresses.

I would say we shouldn't wait for that if it means you can't finish the
migration before you're back home and bound up in $dayjob activities.

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 9:47 AM, Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com> wrote:

I'm ready to perform final migration, but I think we should make issue
> tracker on tigris.org read only. It also would nice finalize tigris ->
> asf user name mappings, at least for most referenced users.

Just as a an fyi ..

The way tigris.org is configured as a community site there are global roles
that give people read/write access to the issue tracker for all public
projects.  C-Mike and I tried, but we cannot revoke this for just the
Subversion project.  So what I did was lock the project.  That makes the
whole project read-only for all users.  I cannot think of any reason not to
do this anyway.

Other things we could do would be to remove all users, except us, from the
project membership.  I think people can add themselves back, though that
might be configurable to the point that we would have to approve it.

For now, I have just left the project locked.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com> wrote:
> On 18 September 2015 at 15:06,  <be...@qqmail.nl> wrote:
>> I created accounts ‘sussman’ and ‘pburba’ on Jira and e-mailed Ben and Paul
>> about them.
>>
> I've added user mapping for 'sussman' and 'pburba' to migration
> script, even though I'm not sure that it's a good idea to register
> account for someone else.

No concerns about that on my front, I've been out of the email loop
the past 3 weeks anyway.

--
Paul T. Burba
CollabNet, Inc. -- www.collab.net -- Enterprise Cloud Development

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 18 September 2015 at 15:06,  <be...@qqmail.nl> wrote:
> I created accounts ‘sussman’ and ‘pburba’ on Jira and e-mailed Ben and Paul
> about them.

I've added user mapping for 'sussman' and 'pburba' to migration
script, even though I'm not sure that it's a good idea to register
account for someone else.

--
Ivan Zhakov

RE: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by be...@qqmail.nl.
I created accounts ‘sussman’ and ‘pburba’ on Jira and e-mailed Ben and Paul about them.

Bert

>>> You can do it. File an INFRA ticket for porting our issues into JIRA, and
>>> note that you have some content for a test load. They do test loads often
>>> for incoming, so they have a runbook for that.
>>>
>>> (and post the INFRA ticket here, so others can Watch the ticket if they
>>> like)
>>>
>> Done:
>>
> Just to keep everyone updated: ASF Infra team performed first test
> migration for us:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN

Status update:

> Please report me any problems or suggestions. Current TODO list:
> - Migrate attachments [IN PROGRESS]
Some attachments was successfully migrated, but some didn't. I
provided probably fixed import data to INFRA team and waiting for fix
round of test migration.

> - Preserve history of changes [DONE]

- Migrate URL field [DONE]
- Timezones issue should be fixed, anyway I'm not going to spend more
time on them ;)
- I decided migrate issues with {noformat} tag around comments and
description to keep issues looking the same as in tigris.org. We can
use normal JIRA syntax for new issues and edit old one when needed.

Remaining issue:
- Ask tigris.org users to provide their ASF usernames, otherwise their
issues will be imported as "Subversion Importer" user with "Original
reported by username" text. See attached file of currently unmapped
users and references count. As far I know Branko is working on this.

- Daniel suggested migrate "status whiteboard" field [1]. I want just
drop it since we don't have such field in default JIRA configuration.
Adding custom field would be overkill IMHO. So please object early if
you have different opinion on this.

[1] http://subversion.tigris.org/issues/buglist.cgi?status_whiteboard=.&amp;status_whiteboard_type=regexp

--
Ivan Zhakov

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 15 September 2015 at 20:02, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can do it. File an INFRA ticket for porting our issues into JIRA, and
> note that you have some content for a test load. They do test loads often
> for incoming, so they have a runbook for that.
>
> (and post the INFRA ticket here, so others can Watch the ticket if they
> like)

Done:

(I don't know why issue was created without description)

--
Ivan Zhakov

Re: Migrating Subversion issues to ...

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.