Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Michael D. Spence" <sp...@panix.com> on 2002/12/12 02:04:53 UTC

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document root element missing

I'm working on a web service using Axis 1.0 and Tomcat 4.1.12.  I've written
a class that runs on the server and actually does the work that the service
is supposed to do.  I've subjected this to Java2WSDL and WSDL2Java, and
have gotten the client-side calls to send their arguments and get the
arbitrary length to the server while for another, the server has to
return such a file to the client.

I figured out how to have the server return the file as an attachment, but
any multipart messages causes this error on the client side:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document root element missing.

Is this a bug or a version mismatch somewhere?

Michael D. Spence
Mockingbird Data Systems, Inc.