Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Johnston <Ja...@epa.state.il.us> on 2003/04/07 21:44:36 UTC

New Subdirectory at Application Base PLEASE HELP!

I know this is something simple, but I'm not finding how to do it.  I'm
wanting to add a new subdirectory at my application base and make it
publicly readable.  This directory is going to be called "graphics" and
will simply be a place where we can store all our gifs and jpgs.

I've made the directory but I'm having trouble making it publicly
readable.  I've been through much of the documentation and seen 3
different places to set rights, but none have appeared to help.  If
anyone knows how to do this, let me know.

Thanks.

Re: New Subdirectory at Application Base PLEASE HELP!

Posted by Paul Yunusov <py...@rogers.com>.
On Monday 07 April 2003 03:44 pm, Jason Johnston wrote:
> I know this is something simple, but I'm not finding how to do it.  I'm
> wanting to add a new subdirectory at my application base and make it
> publicly readable.  This directory is going to be called "graphics" and
> will simply be a place where we can store all our gifs and jpgs.
>
> I've made the directory but I'm having trouble making it publicly
> readable.  I've been through much of the documentation and seen 3
> different places to set rights, but none have appeared to help.  If
> anyone knows how to do this, let me know.
>
> Thanks.

What exactly "trouble making it publicly readable" means? It would help if you
could tell about request URLs and error messages.

Normally, a subdirectory should be accessible using the regular "/" URL
syntax.

Paul