Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2008/01/22 07:19:38 UTC

promo rules not dated.

Hi OFBiz community

I need your opinion......

Is the following correct?

"A physical deletion of a record from an entity can not be synchronized
by the OFBiz synchronization mechanism?"

If that is correct I see that the promotion rules entities (ProductPromo
etc) are not dated (from-thru date) So if a promotion is deleted this
fact is not synchronized to the POS terminals?

If this is true, is there any objection to remove the promtion deletion
function and replace it with a 'thrudate' setting to indicate it is
deleted?

please let me know,

Hans

--
AntWebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates.....

Re: promo rules not dated.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Jan 21, 2008, at 11:19 PM, Hans Bakker wrote:

> Hi OFBiz community
>
> I need your opinion......
>
> Is the following correct?
>
> "A physical deletion of a record from an entity can not be
> synchronized
> by the OFBiz synchronization mechanism?"

It depends on what you mean by this. If you delete it through the
entity engine then it will keep a record of the primary key that was
deleted and propagate that to the other server. In other words if you
delete it through the entity engine then this is not correct.

If a record is deleted directly in the database, without going through
the entity engine then it is correct that the deletion will not be
propagated across to the other server.

-David