Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nick Johnson <uv...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/17 20:30:16 UTC

Symlinked subdirectories of webapps

Hello,

(with respect to tomcat 5.0.28)

I have a bunch of JSP files which work hapily when located in a
subdirectory of webapps/ROOT.  However, whenever I want to move that
directory, and then leave a symlink to that directory in webapps/ROOT,
it all falls apart.

I searched around, and the closest think I can find is the
allowLinking="true" flag.  but, I cannot figure out where to put
this...

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Nick Johnson

Re: Symlinked subdirectories of webapps

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 02:30:16PM -0400, Nick Johnson wrote:
: (with respect to tomcat 5.0.28)
: I have a bunch of JSP files which work hapily when located in a
: subdirectory of webapps/ROOT.  However, whenever I want to move that
: directory, and then leave a symlink to that directory in webapps/ROOT,
: it all falls apart.

As in, a symlink inside the webapp?  I wouldn't rely on this... it's not
supported by the spec (likely because it's not cross-platform), and
"allowLinking" is just a Tomcat convenience feature.

: I searched around, and the closest think I can find is the
: allowLinking="true" flag.  but, I cannot figure out where to put
: this...

It's an attr, I think for <Context/>.  Scan the online docs for
allowLinking and it should turn up.

-QM

--

software   -- http://www.brandxdev.net/