Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com> on 2015/10/19 17:47:29 UTC

New Proxy Update for FM maven-extension

Hey Chris.  Looks like you're a busy man.  Thought I'd try to help out again
with another patch for the maven-extension.  Not sure if you saw my last
post on our previous thread about it, but I just moved the proxy
initialization outside of the flex artifact conversion section.  I was in a
situation where I had successfully converted the flex artifacts but nothing
else.  When I restarted the build, it failed because the flash stuff
couldn't be resolved as the proxy information wasn't initialized.  Anyway,
hope this helps.

proxyUpdate.patch
<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n49590/proxyUpdate.patch>

Re: AW: New Proxy Update for FM maven-extension

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
Yup, no worries.  I didn't really like it there, but didn't know where a
better spot would have been which is why I put the guard around creating the
proxysettings.  Thanks again!

AW: New Proxy Update for FM maven-extension

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok so I just updated the converter again and moved the proxy initialization.
I didn't however 100% follow your suggestion. Even if this definitely works, it would cause the evaluation to be done for every maven artifact maven resolves. This can be quite a lot of executions. Even if not every time objects are created, I still would like to reduce the processing. So I moved it up a few lines to where the mavenSession is injected. This way the code is actually only executed once per build.

Thank you for finding and reporting this problem though :-)

Chris

yeah ... sorry for not responding the last time ... indeed it feels like I'm working on 1000 of things simultaneously ... I agree that if I put the initialization there, that wasn't that a great place to put it. Hopefully I'll be able to review your changes tomorrow. But thanks a lot for testing and supplying patches ... whish more would do that ;-)

Chris

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Michael,