Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by bcarlson <be...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/16 01:29:55 UTC

upgrade joda-time version?

Hello,

I've been using cxf-2.7 for several months now without issues. Today, the
web service supplier gave me an updated client jar file to include in my
application. I now am getting the below error:

org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.ClientWebApplicationException:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.joda.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.withZoneUTC()Lorg/joda/time/format/DateTimeFormatter;
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.handleResponse(WebClient.java:846)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doChainedInvocation(WebClient.java:816)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doInvoke(WebClient.java:743)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doInvoke(WebClient.java:717)
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.invoke(WebClient.java:344)
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.get(WebClient.java:469)

After much research, and speaking with the web service developers, they are
using joda-time 2.1, and cxf uses joda-time 1.6.2. What are my options for
upgrading to 2.1? Do I need to do a custom build of cxf including joda-time
2.1, or are there other options, like a custom mapping table, or something?

Thanks in advance,

-Ben