Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vl...@bossicard.com> on 2002/10/20 07:29:43 UTC

build.xml: changes to the deployment process

Hi all,

I have revisited the targets related to the deployment of Xindice and
have made the following modications (see the attached patch).

The modification features:

- use of the ant 'war' command to generate the war file.  There's no
need for the deploy directory anymore and it was removed
- since we are not writing a webapp I prefer to act like a user and copy
the Xindice.war file into the webapps directory (and do not copy all
individual files like it was done before).  The advantage is that we
test the deployment each time we install Xindice.war on Tomcat.
- the Xindice.war is saved into the dist directory (I would also like to
have Xindice.jar saved there too)
- optionally a build.properties file can be defined to overwrite the
standard properties.  Most of the apache projects define such a file and
I don't see why Xindice should not have one.

Could a committer review the patch?

Thanks

-Vladimir

--