Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Pratibha Gopalam <pr...@ltp.soft.net> on 2007/01/16 10:22:32 UTC

PatternValidator with Tapesty 4.0

Hello,

Has anybody used PatternValidator with Tapestry 4.0? I would like to
validate an user input against a pattern. I tried using the
PatternValidator like below

    <bean name="patternValidator"
class="org.apache.tapestry.valid.PatternValidator">
        <set name="clientScriptingEnabled" value="true"/>
        <set name="required" value="true"/>
        <set name="patternString" value="[a-zA-Z]"/>
    </bean>

but got exceptions saying patternString/pattern property not found in
PatternValidator.

Can anybody help me here?

thanks,
Pratibha

Re: PatternValidator with Tapesty 4.0

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/components/general/script.html

On 1/18/07, Pratibha Gopalam <pr...@ltp.soft.net> wrote:

> I am trying to use the scriptPath property to set a script path. But it
> says that the property not present.
>
> Can anybody please help me with this?
>
> Pratibha Gopalam wrote:
> > Thanks you very much of the inputs. It works now!
> >
> > andyhot wrote:

> >> or better
> >> <set name="patternString" value="literal:[a-zA-Z]"/>

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: PatternValidator with Tapesty 4.0

Posted by Pratibha Gopalam <pr...@ltp.soft.net>.

Posted by Pratibha Gopalam <pr...@ltp.soft.net>.

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Nick Westgate wrote:
> Yet again, mourn the passing of Spindle, which would warn you that
>         <set name="patternString" value="[a-zA-Z]"/>
> has an invalid OGNL expression for value.
>
> You want to pass a string, so use quotes:
>         <set name="patternString" value="'[a-zA-Z]'"/>

or better
<set name="patternString" value="literal:[a-zA-Z]"/>

> Cheers,
> Nick.
>

> Pratibha Gopalam wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Has anybody used PatternValidator with Tapestry 4.0? I would like to
>> validate an user input against a pattern. I tried using the
>> PatternValidator like below
>>
>>    <bean name="patternValidator"
>> class="org.apache.tapestry.valid.PatternValidator">
>>        <set name="clientScriptingEnabled" value="true"/>
>>        <set name="required" value="true"/>
>>        <set name="patternString" value="[a-zA-Z]"/>
>>    </bean>
>>
>> but got exceptions saying patternString/pattern property not found in
>> PatternValidator.
>>
>> Can anybody help me here?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Pratibha