Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Ashish Pandey <ap...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/03 04:50:17 UTC

C* data validation in new DC

Hi All

We are running 2.0.14 and recently added new cassandra datacenter to the
existing datacenter. Wondering, if there is a recommended way in cassandra
to check data  completely sync'ed in new datacenter other than *nodetool
cfstats *which just gives estimate of number of keys

Thanks in advance
Ashish

Re: C* data validation in new DC

Posted by Romain Hardouin <ro...@yahoo.fr.INVALID>.
Hi,
Only a repair between each DC (i.e. on the whole cluster) can guarantee that your DCs are synced. You can make some checks like data size, estimation of number of keys, etc. but it's not accurate at all.
Note: your question is intended to user@cassandra.apache.org
Best,
Romain