Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rita Greenberg <rg...@medata.com> on 2011/08/15 22:50:21 UTC

Conversion to FOP 1.0 Warning Message

Hello.

I've just converted some .fo files from FOP 0.20.5 to FOP 1.0.
I get a warning message regarding "collaping border model" as follows:
  "WARNING: In collapsing border model a table does not have padding (see
   http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/tables.html#collapsing-borders), but a non-
   zero value for padding was found. The padding will be ignored. (No context
   info available).".

Since all messages that result from the execution of fop.bat are piped to a log
file I'd like to be able to get rid of this warning messge. I've checked all
my .fo files to find where a padding attribute is set to > 0 where there is
a "border" attribute and have removed the padding to no avail.

I first checked all my <fo:table-row> but there are times when the border is
set not in the <fo:table-row> but within a <fo:border>. Here is an example.

<fo:table-body>
  <fo:table-row line-height="0.27cm">
    <fo:table-cell>
	<fo:block font-size="2pt">&#160;</fo:block>
    </fo:table-cell>
    <fo:table-cell text-align="end" border-left="1pt solid #000000"
                   border-top="1pt solid #000000">
      <xsl:attribute name="background-color">
        <xsl:value-of select="$varAccentBGColor"/>
      </xsl:attribute>
      <fo:block padding-top="2pt" font-weight="bold">

Here, I removed the padding-top="2pt" in the last line but still received the
same number of warning messages.

Any suggestions as to how to remove this warning message will be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
Rita

Re: Conversion to FOP 1.0 Warning Message

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
pipe stderr through 'grep -v' or 'awk' or 'sed', etc.

Posted by Rita Greenberg <rg...@medata.com>.
Vincent Hennebert <vhennebert <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Rita,
>

> Try and remove the padding property declaration from any table that uses
> the collapsing border model (which is the default unless you specify
> border-collapse="separate").
>
> > Thanks,
> > Rita
>
> HTH,
> Vincent

Thanks for your response Vincent.
I'm going to try the border-collapse="separate". I have about 6,000 lines of
code with many, many tables!

Re: Conversion to FOP 1.0 Warning Message

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rita,

On 15/08/11 21:50, Rita Greenberg wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I've just converted some .fo files from FOP 0.20.5 to FOP 1.0.
> I get a warning message regarding "collaping border model" as follows:
>   "WARNING: In collapsing border model a table does not have padding (see
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/tables.html#collapsing-borders), but a non-
>    zero value for padding was found. The padding will be ignored. (No context
>    info available).".
>
> Since all messages that result from the execution of fop.bat are piped to a log
> file I'd like to be able to get rid of this warning messge. I've checked all
> my .fo files to find where a padding attribute is set to > 0 where there is
> a "border" attribute and have removed the padding to no avail.
>
> I first checked all my <fo:table-row> but there are times when the border is
> set not in the <fo:table-row> but within a <fo:border>. Here is an example.
>
> <fo:table-body>
>   <fo:table-row line-height="0.27cm">
>     <fo:table-cell>
> 	<fo:block font-size="2pt">&#160;</fo:block>
>     </fo:table-cell>
>     <fo:table-cell text-align="end" border-left="1pt solid #000000"
>                    border-top="1pt solid #000000">
>       <xsl:attribute name="background-color">
>         <xsl:value-of select="$varAccentBGColor"/>
>       </xsl:attribute>
>       <fo:block padding-top="2pt" font-weight="bold">
>
> Here, I removed the padding-top="2pt" in the last line but still received the
> same number of warning messages.
>
> Any suggestions as to how to remove this warning message will be greatly
> appreciated!

Try and remove the padding property declaration from any table that uses
the collapsing border model (which is the default unless you specify
border-collapse="separate").

> Thanks,
> Rita

HTH,