Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2003/01/02 00:57:18 UTC

Re: Please put the following jars on ibiblio

dion@multitask.com.au writes:

>> >xml-apis (from xml commons) AFAIK, hasn't released a 2.2.1 version of
>> >anything. Where did this one come from and what does it correspond to ?
>>
>> xml-apis from commons? Last time I looked, the "xml-apis" was a
>> renamed jar version of the Xerces xmlParserAPIs-2.2.1-jar. That's what
>Nope. xml-apis is from xml.apache.org/commons. In particular it's the
>external code piece of that project.

>> this jar is. As I just noticed the "deprecated jars" warning, could
>> you please put the xmlParserAPIs-2.2.1.jar into the xerces
>> directory. The "xerces-2.2.1.jar" is there, the xmlParserAPIs is
>> not.

>I'd rather we all stick with the jars that will be maintained. Xerces and
>Xalan agreed to make xml-commons the place for distributing the sax/dom
>etc apis.

Nice. Can we _please_ still put the released jars (2.2.1 _is_ released
in xerces) on ibiblio.  I don't care about the future, I care about
the _now_.

	Regards
		Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   info@intermeta.de
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20

Re: Please put the following jars on ibiblio

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
dion@multitask.com.au writes:

>henning@forge.intermeta.de wrote on 02/01/2003 08:00:18 PM:

>> dion@multitask.com.au writes:
>>
>> >It's _done_. No need to get _snippy_.
>>
>> Didn't want to. I just got tired argueing three mails in a row to
>> simply get a publicy available jar on the repository.

>No problem. I wasn't arguing FWIW. You were originally after the
>xml-apis-2.2.1 jar, remember? See
>http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-maven-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg05824.html
>.

>> Thanks for uploading.
>I'm happy to get anything that's a released jar up there ASAP. But I want
>to make sure it's the right thing.

>What's left out of your original list. xml-rpc? torque?

Strictly speaking, the xercesImpl-2.2.1.jar, available from

http://gump.covalent.net/jars/latest/xml-xerces2/

is still missing, but the xerces-2.2.1.jar might be the same (renamed).

While I was browsing the ibiblio repository, I had the following
cunning plan (tm):

create a list of Projects with CVS

every night:
   - export the current CVS head (cvs export -r HEAD -kk <project>)
   - create an md5 checksum from the tree
   - compare with last nights' checksum
   - if different, try to build the HEAD
   - if build successful, put as new snapshot on ibiblio

torque, e.g. did reference the dbcp development version directly (not
SNAPSHOT), so I might not have been able to build from ibiblio in
quite a while.

I suppose, that many of the active developers simply have a large
maven.repo.local so they don't see these problems as the jars are not
really referenced from the remote repository. That's one reason why I
_always_ rebuild a project from a clean local repository before
checking in.

Maven Enhancement Request:

A Command Line switch which says: "Ignore local repository, download
every referenced jar from the maven.remote.repository".

	Regards
		Henning

--

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
henning@forge.intermeta.de wrote on 02/01/2003 08:00:18 PM:

> dion@multitask.com.au writes:
>
> >It's _done_. No need to get _snippy_.
>
> Didn't want to. I just got tired argueing three mails in a row to
> simply get a publicy available jar on the repository.

No problem. I wasn't arguing FWIW. You were originally after the
xml-apis-2.2.1 jar, remember? See
http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-maven-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg05824.html
.

> Thanks for uploading.
I'm happy to get anything that's a released jar up there ASAP. But I want
to make sure it's the right thing.

What's left out of your original list. xml-rpc? torque?

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Re: Please put the following jars on ibiblio

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

See http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/xerces/jars/xmlParserAPIs-2.2.1.jar