Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by Peter Van Biesen <pe...@vlafo.be> on 2002/08/28 17:13:27 UTC

ftp proxy locks up with a specific url

Hello,

the proxy is unable to server this url:

ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape7/english/7.0_PR1/windows/win32/xpi/xpcom.xpi

Other files no problem.

Can anybody test this on his server ?

Thanks !

Peter.

Re: ftp proxy locks up with a specific url

Posted by Peter Van Biesen <pe...@vlafo.be>.
Checked RFC959, paragraph 5.3 which states that any ftpserver must
accept the commands in upper- and lowercase.

Again, add a warning in the log for this violation !

Peter.

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Peter Van Biesen wrote:

> Found the problem; the ftp server does not accept uppercase commands
> like PWD. Anybody knows if the server should accept it ? Can anybody
> write a patch for 2.0.41-dev ( I'm still using 2.0.39 ) ?

What does the relevant RFC say?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm
	"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: ftp proxy locks up with a specific url

Posted by Peter Van Biesen <pe...@vlafo.be>.