Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by As...@bsg.co.za on 2004/09/13 15:34:43 UTC

Tapestry & JDK 1.5

Hi,

How ready is Tapestry for the 1.5 JDK?

I've taken a search through the websitwe/mailing list, but that didn't
really turn anything up...

For us using the 1.5 JDK would bring some significant benefits (I'm
especially keen on decent enums and generics)...The rest of our environment
is pretty much ready and waiting to switch (or already has) - TomCat,
IntelliJ, JDOGenie, and the 1.5 JKd has also hit RC1

Thanks in advance,

Ashton

Business Systems Group (Africa)

Cape Town
Tel: +27 21 418 0888
Fax: +27 21 418 0999

Johannesburg
Tel: +27 11 215 6666
Fax: +27 11 215 6600

Visit our website at http://www.bsg.co.za

Disclaimer:
This e-mail (and any attachments) is for the designated recipient(s)only
and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you have
received this message in error please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail or contact info@bsg.co.za and delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete, or contain viruses. BSG (Africa) therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message.

Re: Tapestry & JDK 1.5

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
No plans for it; in fact, we're pretty committed to extending support
for JDK 1.3 for at least another release. We're very conservative!

Some of the annotation stuff would be very nice; it would provide
alternatives to much of what goes into a page specification. However,
some things will always be eaiser using a page spec, and in Tapestry
the page specification drives the show (it is parsed first, and the
Java class determined from the spec).

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:34:43 +0200, ashton.hepburn@bsg.co.za
<as...@bsg.co.za> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How ready is Tapestry for the 1.5 JDK?
>
> I've taken a search through the websitwe/mailing list, but that didn't
> really turn anything up...
>
> For us using the 1.5 JDK would bring some significant benefits (I'm
> especially keen on decent enums and generics)...The rest of our environment
> is pretty much ready and waiting to switch (or already has) - TomCat,
> IntelliJ, JDOGenie, and the 1.5 JKd has also hit RC1
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ashton

> Business Systems Group (Africa)
>
> Cape Town
> Tel: +27 21 418 0888
> Fax: +27 21 418 0999
>
> Johannesburg
> Tel: +27 11 215 6666
> Fax: +27 11 215 6600
>
> Visit our website at http://www.bsg.co.za
>
> Disclaimer:
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is for the designated recipient(s)only
> and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you have
> received this message in error please notify the sender immediately by
> e-mail or contact info@bsg.co.za and delete this e-mail from your system.
> E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
> or incomplete, or contain viruses. BSG (Africa) therefore does not accept
> liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind
http://howardlewisship.com