Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Lemler <mi...@namics.com> on 2014/10/06 12:04:51 UTC

Problem with the resource-plugin v2.7 and nonFilteredFileExtensions

Hi there,

we just tried to update our usage of the maven-resource-plugin to Version
2.7 but afterwards the build failed with the following error message:

Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resource-plugin:2.7:resource (default
resources) on project XYZ: Mark invalid -> [Help 1]

While my researches I could not find any changes to the usage of this. So
I wonder if there is a bug in the new version or if we did anything wrong.
It works fine with Version 2.4. and 2.6. Here the code of our pom file.

            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.7</version>
                <configuration>
                    <nonFilteredFileExtensions>
                        <nonFilteredFileExtension>woff</
nonFilteredFileExtension>
                        <nonFilteredFileExtension>eot</
nonFilteredFileExtension>
                        <nonFilteredFileExtension>ttf</
nonFilteredFileExtension>
                        <nonFilteredFileExtension>svg</
nonFilteredFileExtension>
                    </nonFilteredFileExtensions>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

Thanks a lot for the help! And best regards
Michael

Michael Lemler.
Software Engineer.

Re: Problem with the resource-plugin v2.7 and nonFilteredFileExtensions

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

first thanks for going so fast to a new version and finding this
issue...if it really is one...

On 10/6/14 12:04 PM, Michael Lemler wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> we just tried to update our usage of the maven-resource-plugin to Version
> 2.7 but afterwards the build failed with the following error message:
>
> Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resource-plugin:2.7:resource (default
> resources) on project XYZ: Mark invalid -> [Help 1]

I assume that you are using filtering apart from that

I assume you are filtering files which should not being filtered cause
this means files are being filtered which have encoding characters which
can't correctly copied.. (filtered).

I can reproduce the problem if i miss to add an .img extension to my pom
file, cause .img is a kind of binary file which is being filtered but
should NOT...

If i add the appropriate
<nonFilteredFileExtension>img</nonFilteredFileExtension>

It works without any problem...

Please check the failing build via mvn -X output and search for the
filtering locations in the output...like the following:

[DEBUG] ignoreDelta true
[INFO] Copying 3 resources
[DEBUG] file duke-beerjpg.img has a filtered file extension
[DEBUG] filtering
/Users/kama/apache-maven/maven-plugins/maven-resources-plugin/target/it/possible-bug/src/main/resources/duke-beerjpg.img
/Users/kama/apache-maven/maven-plugins/maven-resources-plugin/target/it/possible-bug/target/classes/duke-beerjpg.img

In this case i have a file duke-beerjpg.img which is filtered but should
not being filter which is causing the failure...

In this case it means that i have to fix my build and add the
appropriate nonFilteredFileExtension...to prevent filtering of such files...

> While my researches I could not find any changes to the usage of this. So
> I wonder if there is a bug in the new version or if we did anything wrong.
> It works fine with Version 2.4. and 2.6.

 >Here the code of our pom file.
>
>              <plugin>
>                  <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                  <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
>                  <version>2.7</version>
>                  <configuration>
>                      <nonFilteredFileExtensions>
>                          <nonFilteredFileExtension>woff</
> nonFilteredFileExtension>
>                          <nonFilteredFileExtension>eot</
> nonFilteredFileExtension>
>                          <nonFilteredFileExtension>ttf</
> nonFilteredFileExtension>
>                          <nonFilteredFileExtension>svg</
> nonFilteredFileExtension>
>                      </nonFilteredFileExtensions>
>                  </configuration>
>              </plugin>
>
> Thanks a lot for the help! And best regards
> Michael
>
> Michael Lemler.
> Software Engineer.

Kind regards