Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Frank Samjeske <fr...@medicalstandard.de> on 2004/09/30 15:20:33 UTC

Preserving Nuberformat using the Event API

Hi,

I have to deal with very large (>30K Rows, 50-60Cols) Excel-Files
containing Product Information Lists, thererfore I use the Event API for
reading and Processing.

Now I have to deal with columns that hold Product-Keys in different
formats , some contain dots, other leading zeros or characters.
As long as characters contained everything works fine, because I get a
LabelSSTRecord but if only digits in my cells, a number record is
provided. All dots, komma or leadn zeros are lost.

In the Excel VBA-Api each cell has two properties, the value property
which returns the Variant subtype of stored information and the text
property, which gives the displayed String value. Ist there any way to
get this Text property from the Event-Api?

Thanks Frank