Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Daryoush Mehrtash <dm...@bea.com> on 2005/06/08 23:47:14 UTC

Unused classes in WSM

> - remove the unused classes HandlerHandler, AxisTypeRegistrar,

> AxisTypeMappingUtil, DebugPrintMessageHandler, WSDLProcessor,

> InvalidFileType, XmlBeanTypeMappingUtil,

HandlerHandler,  InvalidFileType  are not used any more.

DebugPrintMessageHandler, I think is being  used but can go away.  Axis
logs can be configured to do the same, so it is not longer needed.

The other classes on this list are being used.  They are being used in
ServiceControl now, but there is more ...

The client side (ServiceControl) and the server side (WSM) both need to
register and lookup types.    The first implementation of this
functionality (which still lives in WSM) was implemented in AxisHook.
Anyone that examines this class would concluded that this class has
grown to be  way too complicated.    The problem with this class is that
it does type mapping and Axis  service registration.  Each  by itself is
somewhat complicated but together is a "too much".

When we were writing the service control we needed the type mapping
again, and decided to do a new implementation of the type mapping
services by itself  for the ServiceControl with the intention to at some
point fold it back to the WSM.   Meaning we would clean up the AxisHook
by separating the type mapping from Axis registeration.

To answer your question.... these classes are used and we hope to use
them more in future.

Daryoush

Re: Unused classes in WSM

Posted by Eddie ONeil <ek...@gmail.com>.
  Hm.  Somehow, I'd missed AxisTypeRegistrar is used by the service
control, but I'd not seen that these files:

AxisTypeMappingUtil
WSDLProcessor
XmlBeanTypeMappingUtil

are used in the service control.  Can you describe how?  I've got them
deleted and WSM and the service control build and pass DRTs.

  :)

Eddie