Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com> on 2019/02/04 13:12:10 UTC

Re: Allowing property getters without a "get" prefix on DataObjects

Hi Maik.

As I'm the one researched this, let me answer :) I failed to make
BeanAccessor pluggable last time because I realized that it's deep
inside code not managed by Cayenne DI.
But looking again at it I wonder will this straightforward solution
[1] solve your problems?
And I'm really interested what is your use case? Do you perform lots
of in-memory filtering and/or calculations using Cayenne Expressions?

[1] https://github.com/apache/cayenne/pull/363/files?utf8=✓&diff=unified#diff-4f928c7d2ac0e22cabde0c9732de774fR214

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: Allowing property getters without a "get" prefix on DataObjects

Posted by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com>.
Thanks for PR, I think I'll have some time in a few days to merge it.
At first glance it seems ok.

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: Allowing property getters without a "get" prefix on DataObjects

Posted by Hugi Thordarson <hu...@karlmenn.is>.

Posted by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com>.
Hi Hugi,

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: Allowing property getters without a "get" prefix on DataObjects

Posted by Hugi Thordarson <hu...@karlmenn.is>.
Hi Nikita!

Posted by Hugi Thordarson <hu...@karlmenn.is>.
Sorry, I neglected to answer your question about the use case.

Yes, we do quite a bit of work using both in-memory sorting using Ordering and filtering by Expression. Property.getFrom(...) is also very valuable when constructing dynamic UIs.

Although these things can certainly be performed using different means, being able to use the same object structures to perform both DB work and in-memory work is extremely useful, especially when it comes to complex object graphs with deep queries (long object paths).