Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/23 21:17:14 UTC

nexus, local repository, and m2eclipse

I'm trying to use nexus to serve a 3rd party dependency.  Following
the nexus book, I was able to upload the artifact with out incident.
I then tried to search for the dependency in the various interfaces of
m2eclipse: via add dependency on the pom.xml view, via the repository
view.  In none of these could I find the artifact.  Note, nexus does
show up in the repository view, so I guess my settings.xml profile (
which I completed according to the book ) is in effect and
successfully bringing the public repository group into play.

I tried updating the index, and rebuilding the index, but the artifact
still doesn't show.  Finally, I entered the coordinates by hand, in
the add dependency interface of the pom.xml editor, and the artifact
was successfully located.  Now, when I view the repositories, in
m2eclipse, the 3rd party artifact shows up in the local repository,
but still NOT in the nexus public repository group.

Any ideas?

Re: nexus, local repository, and m2eclipse

Posted by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com>.
I think the issue is that the boundaries between maven, sonatype,
m2eclipse, nexus, etc. are a bit unclear to the unitiated, i.e. me.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
  It is just that this forum is so full of talented people that there is
no need to visit any other web sites ;-) .

Ron

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
A Bot? Are we talking about Martin? :-)

/Anders

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
 Maybe a good idea is to put a pointer to the nexus list in the most obvious
place(s) people would look in the Maven on-line docs, saying something like "for
questions about Nexus, please post to the Nexus mailing list(s) found here".
That way, users would get "just in time" education :-).

-Marshall Schor

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.