Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/13 15:20:13 UTC

Re: svn commit: r685418 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/rewrite: rewrite_guide.html.en rewrite_guide.xml

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:12 PM,  <rb...@apache.org> wrote:

> +RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !www.example.com [NC]

Not likely a factor in this example, but maybe better in the guide
(where people will derive from) to use != or escape/anchor the
expression?

If we leave it as a regex, maybe include somethimg like  ^(www\.)?... too

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: svn commit: r685418 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/rewrite: rewrite_guide.html.en rewrite_guide.xml

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Aug 13, 2008, at 09:20, Eric Covener wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:12 PM,  <rb...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> +RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !www.example.com [NC]
>
> Not likely a factor in this example, but maybe better in the guide
> (where people will derive from) to use != or escape/anchor the
> expression?
>
> If we leave it as a regex, maybe include somethimg like  ^(www

Yeah. Good idea.
It needs to be a regex in this case simply because the REFERER
contains an entire URL, not just the hostname.

--
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly
making exciting discoveries.