Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/20 13:24:23 UTC

APACHECON US 2015

Hi All,

The OFBiz track at the Apachecon EU 2014 event in Budapest was, and I
believe the other participants and attendees will agree, a success. Next
year there will be a new opportunity to spread the word, meet contributors,
investigate new ideas and discus issues in a softer setting than via the
mailing lists. It is a also a great place to showcase what you have done
with OFBiz.

So, we have another opportunity to fill a track (a consecutive series of
talks) about OFBiz. In order to promote and to investigate willingness to
present I have created the following wiki page for contributors to list the
talk they could/would do:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+track+@+Apachecon+US+2015+in+Texas,+Austin+-++April+13-17,+2015

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: APACHECON US 2015

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
The suggestion to assemble a list of interests, people willing to hold a
talk on a specific subject. If and when there is plenty of interest,
categorize and sort out overlapping talks to get a coverage of as much
aspects of OFBiz as possible.
It can also be so, that people might be interested in creating a talk, but
aren't in the position to hold the talk schedule wise. In that case, we
have the opportunity to find someone who could take care of that.

We have to keep in mind that slots per track are limited (at ApacheCon EU
2014 the OFBiz track was limited to 6 talks). If there are more talks than
the limit allows we have to filter. But we could also think about having
some kind of booth where we can circle around as info providers, etc.

People interested in seeing talks held regarding a specific topic could
propose those as a comment to the page.

That way we can (and will) get an idea about what people want to have talks
about versus what people can talk about. When gaps appear we can
investigate further what we can do.

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com

Re: APACHECON US 2015

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Re: APACHECON US 2015

Posted by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Everyone

> [...]

>> Hi All
>>
>> We've been having a busy week at Apachecon in Budapest and I'm sure that
>> the
>> people that attended will be posting their updates about it soon.
>>
>> I just wanted to let the community mailing list know that I think the
>> OFBiz
>> track was a success (our biggest session was Anahita's where 27 people
>> came
>> along!)
>>
>> As well as running our own track, meeting each other for the first time,
>> attending some other sessions, we found some time to hold a round table
>> session to talk about some project related topics. I will be summarising
>> our
>> discussions and post these here - I think we have some great potential
>> proposals that we'd like to consult the community about.

Pierre Smits wrote