Posted to builds@apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/24 02:30:01 UTC

Can FS mounting be broken at ci-builds.a.o?

Hello,

Is it possible there are some issues with FS mounting?

What is wrong:
We have maven build at new build server [1]
All builds made after Aug 17 are red
The reason is: JaCoCo report file is broken, this is binary file being
appended during the build

(local build produces this file of size ~20MB, jenkins produces ~10MB file)

Builds were green up to Aug 17 (latest successful build)
Local builds are also green

Maybe someone has ideas what might be wrong?

[1] https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/OpenMeetings/job/openmeetings/

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Can FS mounting be broken at ci-builds.a.o?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 at 04:13, seba.wagner@gmail.com <se...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Moving this discussion to our @dev list :)

wise :)))

> btw how do you manage to compile locally right now ?
> If I run mvn clean install -PallModules,quick,mysql
>
> It will fail as it tries to download openmeetings-util-5.1.0-SNAPSHOT from
> apache-snapshots repo [since our build never run successfully] (while
> actually its present in my local .m2 directory from the previous module).

You have to run 1 "full" or "unpacked" build once before you can use
"quick" build :)
In such case SNAPSHOTs are all available locally ...

> But how do you get it to use that ? I tried with -nsu and it still fails
> with the same error claiming the package needs downloading.
>
> Also afaik the Jacao is a post build step to publish JUnit reports. Can we
> not just disable that temporarily ?

yes, JaCoCo and Sonar are post build,
Sonar is useful in some cases

I'll disable this step if the issue will not be fixed
But I would prefer to have it working

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Sebastian,