Posted to dev@tajo.apache.org by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org> on 2013/09/05 08:48:21 UTC

[DISCUSS] the first Tajo release plan

Hi folks,

I'm happy to seeing that Tajo is very rapidly evolving and being
stable by core committers and contributors. Now, I think that the now
is the right time to discuss the first Tajo release.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aroadmap-panel

However, there are still issues scheduled in 0.2-SNAPSHOT to be solved
for stability and basic features. I think we can release the first
Tajo release after the scheduled issues all are resolved. I expect the
release day may be the first week of October.

What do you think about that?

Re: [DISCUSS] the first Tajo release plan

Posted by JaeHwa Jung <jh...@gruter.com>.
+1

Great News! I'll fix my issue in ASAP. :)

Thanks
Jaehwa

--
----------------------------
정재화 / jhjung@gruter.com

Re: [DISCUSS] the first Tajo release plan

Posted by Jinho Kim <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.
For months, we have resolved about 170 issues and contributed many
source codes. I rescheduled some issues that can be delayed for the
next release. Now, there are a few of issues as you can see at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO/fixforversion/12324252.

After the remain issues are resolved, we could start release process
according to http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html.
This document describes some tasks to be checked at
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list.

The important tasks are as follows:
 * Ensure that all unit tests are passed
 * Add DISCLAIMER
 * Check NOTICE.txt
 * Check LICENSE.txt
 * Check ASF license header in all source code (it looks easy because
we already use rat.)

The below tasks should be done after the above tasks are resolved.
 * Add source snapshot to Git Tag
 * Check key signs (http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html,
http://people.apache.org/~henkp/sig/pgp-key-signing.txt)

Then, we can start a call for vote for release. If there are any
volunteers, feel free to check the above things and let us to know the
checked things.

Many thanks!

- hyunsik

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.