Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by mi...@gmail.com on 2008/12/15 12:57:28 UTC

SVN protocol and HTTP Proxy

Hello!

I found on TortoiseSVN list archive that SVN protocol cannot work with HTTP Proxy.

I have a HTTP Proxy supporting CONNECT method in my company, and I need access to the repository having only SVN protocol enabled. I would like to know to may I connect.

I searched a list for that, but I did not find anything useful. Has anyone know a solution?

Please keep my e-mail address in reply, as I am not subscribed to the list.

Thanks in advance for any supportive information.

Regards,
MichaƂ Fita

Re: SVN protocol and HTTP Proxy

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Dec 15, 2008, at 06:57, michal.fita@gmail.com wrote:

> I found on TortoiseSVN list archive that SVN protocol cannot work
> with HTTP Proxy.
>
> I have a HTTP Proxy supporting CONNECT method in my company, and I
> need access to the repository having only SVN protocol enabled. I
> would like to know to may I connect.
>
> I searched a list for that, but I did not find anything useful. Has
> anyone know a solution?

I don't know much about proxies, but if your proxy is for http-
protocol traffic only, then it has nothing to do with a Subversion
repository hosted via svnserve's svn protocol. It would have
something to do, however, with a Subversion repository hosted via
apache's http protocol. You can serve repositories via multiple
protocols if desired; there's a section in the book on this.