Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jacob Vennervald Madsen <jv...@gopinocchio.com> on 2002/01/23 13:39:06 UTC

DB Pool

Hi List

When I use the below method of connecting to the DB the number of
connections increase by 1 when i reload the webapp.
I have to shut down the application server in order to shut down the
connections.

Here is the method I'm using, which I got from the Turbine website:

DBConnection dbConn = null;
try
{
    dbConn = TurbineDB.getConnection();
    // Do something with the connection here...
}
catch (Exception e)
{
    // Either from obtaining the connection or from your application
code.
}
finally
{
    try
    {
        TurbineDB.releaseConnection(dbConn);
    }
    catch (Exception e)
    {
        // Error releasing database connection back to pool.
    }
}

Does anybody have any ideas?

Best regards,