Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mats Norén <ma...@spectral.se> on 2000/11/06 12:12:50 UTC

Re: Problems installing Cocoon2 on tomcat 3.2beta2

Hi,
I tried to put xerces_1_2.jar ahead of jaxp.jar, and parser.jar

Using CLASSPATH: g:\jakarta-tomcat\classes;g:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\aaxerces.jar;
g:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\ant.jar;g:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\webserver.jar;
g:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\jasper.jar;g:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\jaxp.jar;
g:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\servlet.jar;g:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\parser.jar;
g:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\aaxerces_1_2.jar;
e:\jdk1.2.2\lib\tools.jar;;
h:\kod\intrawise\lib\inetTds.jar;;e:\jdk1.2.2\lib\tools.jar

But I still get no such method in the handler class:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Document: method createElementNS(Ljava/
lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/w3c/dom/Element; not found
        at org.apache.xalan.utils.DOMBuilder.startElement(DOMBuilder.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.xalan.stree.SourceTreeHandler.startElement(SourceTreeHandler.java:250)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage$T
ransformerChainBuilderFilter.startElement(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.sitemap.SitemapMarkupLanguage$SitemapTransformerChainBuilderFilter.startElement(SitemapMarkupLanguage.ja

va, Compiled Code)
        at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.startElement(XMLFilterImpl.java:575
)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.sitemap.SitemapMarkupLanguage$PreProcessFilter.startElement(SitemapMarkupLanguage.java:209)

        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.java, Comp
iled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(XMLValidator.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:900)
        at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:371)
        at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:371)
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.LogicsheetCodeGenerator.
generateCode(LogicsheetCodeGenerator.java:118)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.generateCode(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:296)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:193)

        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:152)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

I suspect there is a problem with the conflicting DOM-classes but how do I get around
it ?

/regards Mats