Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Bertrand Guay-Paquet <be...@step.polymtl.ca> on 2012/04/06 01:40:50 UTC

isVisible for DataTable columns?

Hi,

I need to determine the visibility of a DataTable's column dynamically
based on a model value. Is this possible?

I looked at the source and didn't find anything available for
implementations of IColumn to determine visibility. Searching the net
revealed this post from 2008 with the same question
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Hook-for-hiding-columns-of-DataTable-td1843243.html
in which Igor mentioned this feature was planned for 1.5.

The column I want to hide conditionally has content which cannot simply
be hidden on the client side so using css is not an option.

Regards,
Bertrand

Re: isVisible for DataTable columns?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Check Wicketstuff's InMethod Grid.
It is the most sophisticated "table" Wicket component implementation
I'm aware of.

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 1:40 AM, Bertrand Guay-Paquet
<be...@step.polymtl.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to determine the visibility of a DataTable's column dynamically based
> on a model value. Is this possible?
>
> I looked at the source and didn't find anything available for
> implementations of IColumn to determine visibility. Searching the net
> revealed this post from 2008 with the same question
> http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Hook-for-hiding-columns-of-DataTable-td1843243.html
> in which Igor mentioned this feature was planned for 1.5.
>
> The column I want to hide conditionally has content which cannot simply be
> hidden on the client side so using css is not an option.
>
> Regards,
> Bertrand

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend