Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gonçalo Luiz <go...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/08 18:32:01 UTC

Tiles generic error message

Hello,
Whenever I get an error (of any nature) in a jsp I always get the same
exception. It is very dificult to find out whats causing the error.
Does anybody know how to "dig" the stack trace tiles produce one a
included jsp throws an error.

Example:

00:08:20,121 ERROR JspTilesRequestContext:67 - JSPException while
including path '/person/preferences.jsp'.
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: ServletException while including page.
       at org.apache.tiles.context.jsp.JspUtil.doInclude(JspUtil.java:86)
       at org.apache.tiles.context.jsp.JspTilesRequestContext.include(JspTilesRequestContext.java:65)
       at org.apache.tiles.context.TilesRequestContextWrapper.include(TilesRequestContextWrapper.java:64)
       at org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesRequestContext.include(StrutsTilesRequestContext.java:120)
       at org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:401)
[2 ou 3 more pages of ininteligible stacktrace]

This message is very generic, not poiting to the real error (in this
case, I was calling PErson p = session.getAttribute("person") that
misses a cast to convert the returned Object to a Person.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Best regards,
--
Gonçalo Luiz